Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the last couple of days my access to www.jeepcommander.com/forums has really slowed. It takes a few minutes for a page to redraw. I’m not having problems with other sites I access, only this one. And, I’ve never had problems with this site until recently

Is there some setting I should make that would return this site to better performance?

--Spike

PS: My speed is so bad I don't even know if this thread got posted, so I may not be able to respond to any answers posted untilI get it figured out.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
I'm not having any problems.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ Thanks for the reply. Your information helps me.

Well... shoot, I wonder what's going on. This is the only site that runs slow for me. My internet connection is Comcast (physical layer is cable).

--Spike

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've found that it takes a while for replies to be posted. I've also found that sometimes it won;t show the multiple pages to a thread... just the first page. It doesn't happen all the time, but a few times this past week it has happened.

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is definately something wrong with this site! After I post a quick reply it shows that it is added to the thread, but later when I open the thread it is not there. This has happened many times now. Anyone know if this is getting fixed? Same as New Posts... it shows there are none and I know this is wrong!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
There is definately something wrong with this site! After I post a quick reply it shows that it is added to the thread, but later when I open the thread it is not there. This has happened many times now. Anyone know if this is getting fixed? Same as New Posts... it shows there are none and I know this is wrong!
It sounds like you are getting cached pages from somewhere. But I've been out of the tech business too long to tell you how to check your settings and what they should be.

Also, if you use the back button to review the thread after making a post, it definitely is the page as previously loaded, so it won't show your post. But if you refresh the page your post should show.

The site is running at normal speed for me. I say to start with, reboot your pc and unplug and replug your cable modem and router to reboot those.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Check your security settings. Phishing filters too. They can slow down page loading. Also check the temp file settings. Should check for uopdated pages automatically and the files spaces should be less than 300. Also how long do you save your temp files? Mine is set to 0 so it dumps daily.

One of the things I run into are the ads loading. The ads load before the page does. So if you have a large ad, it will take a while.

I too have times that it takes a long time for pages to load. Usually it is an advertisement that is loading.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
You are correct, the site has been running slow, HEMEEE is working on the issue and things should be up to speed soon.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
You are correct, the site has been running slow, HEMEEE is working on the issue and things should be up to speed soon.
I will reiterate: I have not had any problems whatsoever.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
I think this would indicate that the website is not the problem.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
You can "reiterate" all you want, but HEMEEE reported the problem to me (and she knows what she is talking about) so I am sure others are having problems with speed and it is the site NOT their connection type.

HEMEEE said:
The site is very slow and buggy for me today and you may receive a dup reply... ignore. If you see any complaints from members about slow page loads, please PM me separately and provide a link to the complaint... you can also post that admin is aware and working on a fix.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
You can "reiterate" all you want, but HEMEEE reported the problem to me (and she knows what she is talking about) so I am sure others are having problems with speed and it is the site NOT their connection type.
Whatever...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i noticed the site is alittle slower as well, but i thought it was just due to an overload from all the members on the site.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yea it's been a lil slow. Frozen up on me a few times but it's not too bad.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts