Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay mine didnt come with any skidplates, so i picked some up yesterday. the cool thing is i was supose to only get two for free and the third one was like $175.00. I ended up getting it for free aswell :) . now i have to install them and show pics. I have the 4x4 3.7 v6 in case you were wondering. I do plan on going offroading allilte.

·
Registered
80 Posts
how do you like the v6? did you test drive the 8? Just curious. It's probably a stupid question , you did buy it afterall. If your skids go on as easy as my fog lites did then it should be a pc of cake. When I went to buy our command I did consider ease of maintenance. All in all it looks good. Let us all know how tough the jog goes. It's good to know how hard to remove for access to components underneath.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will be easy, except the part when I have to lower the gas tank to remove the existing one for the one made of metal. I hope those instructions are wrong because i was hoping i could just bolt them all on over existing items. I do like the v6 although I cant compare it to the v8 or hemi. I didnt even wanna drive them because I wouldnt of been able to afford them anyway. i bought mine with 4x4, wood trim interior, upgrade rims, for 28,000. plus my negative trade in. but all in all, thats what i could afford. and payments are still kinda high.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, your mileage is probably better and you're driving what you want! You might have to drp the tank. Hmmm.... I wouldn't expect that to be easy but, good luck! Wood grain interior. I didn't know it was an option on anything but the deluxo models. Aren't you the stylish one. I bet there's a thousand different combinations .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kidatforty said:
Well, your mileage is probably better and you're driving what you want! You might have to drp the tank. Hmmm.... I wouldn't expect that to be easy but, good luck! Wood grain interior. I didn't know it was an option on anything but the deluxo models. Aren't you the stylish one. I bet there's a thousand different combinations .
I dropped the tank on my work truck earlier this year so, it shouldnt be to bad. I just didnt expect to do it so soon. I might wait on that till its above freezing here.:eek: I didnt pick those options, it just came with them.. All i wanted was for it to be 4x4. I woulda loved it if I had a trail rated comndr, but im gonna do the best I can with what i have, And how much my wife will allow her main vehicle to be transformed in time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
pac said:
I dropped the tank on my work truck earlier this year so, it shouldnt be to bad. I just didnt expect to do it so soon. I might wait on that till its above freezing here.:eek: I didnt pick those options, it just came with them.. All i wanted was for it to be 4x4. I woulda loved it if I had a trail rated comndr, but im gonna do the best I can with what i have, And how much my wife will allow her main vehicle to be transformed in time.
So,what kind of mileage do you get with the 6?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.