Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my transmission rebuilt and now that I have it back my mpg and acceleration is terrible. Has anyone ever seen or experienced this? Any insight would be mucho appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rebuilt transmission oh my goodness how may miles do you have?
Yeah...tell me about it. I fried it in a mud field I should've never gone to in the first place. Got stuck....burnt it up trying to get out. I had around 53K on it. Ran great before all this, even now, it doesn't feel smooth as glass like prior to my mudhole experience. Tonight it actually stalled on me as I slowed to go over a speedbump...kinda shuddered then just died. It started right back up afterwards, but I'm still very concerned.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God I hate mud for reasons exactly like this. Did they put the trans in learn mode? that could be whats going on or it needs to be done not sure.
They "said" they did...:ugh2: If the hadn't...would it learn on its own after a while?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
They "said" they did...:ugh2: If the hadn't...would it learn on its own after a while?
Yes, it just takes longer for it to adapt.

Check if you hae any DTC's.

I'd take it back and complain, they may have messed up doing the rebuild, it almost sounds like the TC is NOT locking/unlocking when it should, but that is just a guess.

The computer controls the trans by using solenoids to move valves controlling the hydrualics. They could have messed up any number of small things in the trans that could cause big things NOT to work correctly, its NOT necessarily electronic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts