Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Noticed a few oil spots in the garage under the rear diff case. I took a look and it looks like it is definitely coming from the cover and not from the front. I assume that it is sealed up with RTV not a gasket, right? Not sure if the last change was just poorly done or if this is a sign of something that I need to look into further. What do you think?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The rear is sealed with RTV. Just keep an eye on the fluid level so it doesn't get low. I would try to pull the cover in the next few weeks and do a fluid swap with new RTV

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Mobil 1 synthetic 75w140 gear oil. If you have Quadra Drive II with the ELSD reat diffetential you will need a bottle of friction additive. If your not sure which axle you have count the rear diff cover bolts. If you have 10 then no modifier needed. If you have a 12 bolt then you need it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mobil 1 synthetic 75w140 gear oil. If you have Quadra Drive II with the ELSD reat diffetential you will need a bottle of friction additive. If your not sure which axle you have count the rear diff cover bolts. If you have 10 then no modifier needed. If you have a 12 bolt then you need it
The shop near me that I went to yesterday did not have 4 quarts of M1 so I got this, Valvoline Full synthetic. I also got some K&W Posi-Trac gear oil additive (7 oz). Is that the right FM? I ready in another post that I am supposed to use 4 oz with the 4 quarts in the rear diff. Sound right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts