Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the SmartBeans options in the EVIC? Whats the difference in options for (Low/High beam) and (Low beam)?? I understand what & how the SmartBeams are. Just not the options.
Had both my babies out today until the Tornadoes hit the area! I am going to have to build an add-on garage...

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
The low/high option indicates automatic high beams in appropriate conditions, as well as the standard automatic headlights. Low just enables standard automatic headlights.

The automatic high beams will typically come on at night in dark situations, and are pretty good at detecting other drivers and turning themselves off. They also seem to come on gradually. You can also manually turn them on and off with the stalk while in automatic mode.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense.. So Low/High: mean Smartbeams are on.

Low only: Smartbeams are off.

I understand the auto headlights

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the smartbeam system needs more refinement. At least in 2006... my 2019 Traverse has it but i havent tried the setting yet. Jeep Highs always came on randomly, yes it was darker than normal but still with traffic ahead, which must be very confusing to oncoming traffic.
Honestly it would be in 5-15 second cycles, and since the fog lights shut off when the high beams are on, it mustve looked like some sort of code signal from the other way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts