Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally decided to start my garage thread. My name is Neil Smith and I'm in Palmyra , Virginia , just outside Charlottesville. I am a professional automotive painter. I've been in the collision repair industry since graduating high school in 1989. I am a car guy, no doubt. I love all types of automobiles and am a big motorsports fan, especially NASCAR and NHRA. I've had a few Jeeps over the years and am convinced that there is no better 4x4 out there. I have an '07 Commander with the 3.7 V6. I bought it Nov. 1st , 2007 with 11K miles.
I've added a few accessories over the past couple of years. The first was a stereo. I have a Kenwood KVT-617 DVD receiver with a Garmin K-510 GPS integrated system. It has a color flip-up screen and is operated by touch screen or remote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inra9_lUFQM

My next mod was a Rough Country 2" lift.

Next mod was a Baja Rack Mega Mule roof rack.

I then added the K.C. Highlighters to the roof rack. The wiring goes in behind the rear trim pieces behind the roof rails ( where the chrome grab handles would be on a Limited ). The wiring then goes behind the tail lights and enters the cabin through an access hole below the tail light. The switches can be seen in the stereo pic above. I put gang plugs in the harness at the rack so that the rack ( and lights ) are removable. I then added a front brush guard. I bought it used so I have no idea what the brand is.

I now have added new wheels and tires. The wheels are Vision Warrior 575 and the tires are Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 245/75R17.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of one of my previous rides. A '73 Camaro. I had to put 2 new quarters, both fenders, cowl hood , trunk floor pan , seat covers, headlined, rear package shelf , carpet, and I'm sure other stuff. LOl !! It put in a GM crate 350 and a Saginaw 4-speed. Painted it Viper red with white SS stripes. Rally wheels with short center caps and some new rubber. Sorry about the pic, it's before the digital camera phase came in. This was me at a local cruise-in.

Heres some other paint work I've played around with.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
It is about time you opened your garage! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts