1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
This is an odd first post. Is this spam?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no just curious if any one has tried it or not i was thinking about it to add some organization to all the stuff i carry around

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
OK, I apoligize. Welcome to the forum, tell us about your Commander.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you nice to see other people are riggin out the xk's. no worries just tring to get new idea.'s on future mod's. Here are some of the spec's on my XK

2007 XK 4.7l QDII, RR 2.25 lift with custom rear springs, spidertrax 1.5" spacer, K&N air intake, 50 series flowmaster, rola roof rack w/ 18" inch ext. 255/75R17's GY SR-A on rubi wheel's. That is it so far, custom front bumper goin soon.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the rear door about the same place they do for the wranglers, think it would look kinda silly any other place. Plus the Molle pac's are so verisatile it won't matter how it's installed. Any thought's

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
2007 XK 4.7l QDII, RR 2.25 lift with custom rear springs, spidertrax 1.5" spacer, K&N air intake, 50 series flowmaster, rola roof rack w/ 18" inch ext. 255/75R17's GY SR-A on rubi wheel's. That is it so far, custom front bumper goin soon.
Sounds like a nice ride. How about some pics ?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll upload some once i get some taken, prolly this weekend at the earliest..

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
On the rear door about the same place they do for the wranglers, think it would look kinda silly any other place. Plus the Molle pac's are so verisatile it won't matter how it's installed. Any thought's
Welcome. Not sure how it would work for a lift gate. I don't know how it mounts so you may be able to make it stable when you modify the mounting to fit the XK. I would think it would have to be secured very well if you are going to be putting any weight in it and have it over you head. There would probably be something better to put in that place considering that the door on the XK is bigger than the wrangler, I just don't know what else there is. just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea true, that the only draw back its a lift gate. It mounts with standard sheet metal screws to the wranlger's tailgate. Just not sure how stready it will be mounted on the plastic of the lift gate on the commander. Not to worried about wieght since, i'll be just putting a first aid kit molle type bag on it and misc. gear bags for other access. Any suggestion's on screws that will grip the plastic shell of the rear door. Was thinking of maybe using the push fasterners like the ones used on other int panels to make it look clean. Not sure. which would work best?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
The plastic will tear sooner or later--don't do it.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Not sure if it would or not there are a about eight screw mounting it But i think your right it would end up tearing the plastic eventually. . thanks for the help.. i'll keep looking see what else i can find.
This is the only part of the commander the lack of storage areas, but what can u do....

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Not sure if it would or not there are a about eight screw mounting it But i think your right it would end up tearing the plastic eventually. . thanks for the help.. i'll keep looking see what else i can find.
This is the only part of the commander the lack of storage areas, but what can u do....
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5222&highlight=storage

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10168&highlight=storage

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4528&highlight=storage

·
Registered
117 Posts
rear cargo

I'll tell you one thing - the only bags I own are Molle and I love the pic of that Wrangler with the mountings on it. This isn't made for the Commander though. Wranglers door is steel both in and out which is made for the mounts - the plastic will rip off of the xk's liftgate. Depending on the contents of the bag and the weight. If it's just first aid, then toss it in the back and you could place molle straps along the rear wells and attach them there - unless someone thinks of something to place on the liftgate..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts