Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just smoked the taillights left the reverse lights clear tho I think it turned out well,, and since I was in the mood for painting I did absolutely everything on the underside to help keep the rust away

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks , no dimming, lens still has a tint of red even with lights off, I did 3 coats of VHT nightshades and 4 coats of clear acrylic,, I'm thinking of possibly doing another coat or 2 of tint and clear and putting in brighter led bulbs to counter the tint but as of now I'm alright with it

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've been meaning to do this as well. I've had the can of VHT sitting on a shelf for quite a while now. I was also worried about the reverse lights getting too dark but maybe 1 coat over them will tint them enough for me. Did you sand in between coats?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@detroitmarauder No I didn't sand in between coats , waited about ten minuets inbetwren each coat and went a little heavier then normal as well which seemed to illiminate the roughness I've ran into tinting in the past, I only did 3 coats of tint and 5 coats of clear same way and still no sanding ,they are as smooth as oem �� and I think you might run into some trouble only going for one coat on the reverse and more on the rest unless you have some time available,, you can always upgrade to led bulbs too if you are worried about the brightness..

@backwoodz. Thanks man I appreciate it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts