Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody!

I hope that I’m posting in the correct section of the forum.

I just fixed an oil leak coming from the oil pressure sensor on my 2006 Jeep commander 4.7l V8, and changed the oil as well.

After taking it on a test drive, I noticed that the car was smoking as I parked. The smoke was not coming from where the oil had been leaking before. I’m not sure if the oil that was burning was oil from the leak that bubbled over to the passenger side of the car, or if I have a whole new problem on my hands. From my light reading on the subject, I think I can rule out a blown head gasket. The engine also was not overheating. After checking the oil again, I did notice that the oil was on the high side of where it says “safe” on the dip stick.

Should I be concerned, or do y’all think that this is a temporary problem that will go away as the oil that spilled under the hood burns off?

I’m very much a novice when it comes to working on cars, so thank you for bearing with me here. Also here’s a picture of where my oil was leaking from before It was fixed.

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
955 Posts
Clean off the area with something like Gunk engine degreaser and check it after a while. I am currently running with about a half quart too much without any problems.

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts