Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone from the East Coast? If so, any plans to get out and test your Commander in the white stuff?...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mid Atlantic here. Roanoke VA. We got a dusting of about 6", it melted off the roads quick due to the warm winter we have been having. We did go to our lake prop and drove down a long snowy road, sat overlooking the lake and enjoyed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
New Fairfield Connecticut here, we got 24 inches of the fluffy white snow which will take some time to melt away, http://news.newstimeslive.com/story.php?id=79878&channel=Local&Type=Page1

The Commander handled the snow like a pro I will say that much, while I was a little leary of this all electronic 4wd system it did hold its own. I was playing around in the parking lot of my Fire Department and was going through some of the unplowed snow (about a foot or so) (part of our driveway goes uphill and turns to the back of our building) and the front skirt acted like a plow and did get the commander "hung up" causing all 4 wheels to just spin in the snow, I tried turing the ESP off and even put it into 4 low but it couldn't get over the hump of snow it made. My friend in a trailblazer went over the same area right after me and made it right up there. I'm sure if I had the skirt removed from the front (like the owners manual says to do) the Commander wouldn't have had any problems.
Working for the CT State Police I had to go into work during the storm and the commander handled the highway at 45 with no problems, the state was having a hard time keeping up with the snow falling so most of the highways had a few inches of snow. Only once did the ESP system engage on the highway and that was going over a big rough patch of ice and snow. Other than that I was extremely impressed with it and felt at ease driving it. When I had my Rubicon I always felt like I was fighting the Jeep to go through the snow to keep it on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.