Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2006 4.7L
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I ran across this. $1,900 for a 2006 with "title issues"
Sounds to good to be true, ran the VIN and got the build sheet.
Nicer than mine. Thoughs?

· Administrator
2008 XK Sport 4.7L V-8 QT-II 4WD 104,xxx Miles
8,736 Posts
And I ran across this. $1,900 for a 2006 with "title issues"
Sounds to good to be true, ran the VIN and got the build sheet.
Nicer than mine. Thoughs?

@jklightner ; I've been trying to do the same, but, haven't come across an XK at a reasonable price, that's been worth grabbing yet. Complicating things for me is, I have a black interior, which is not very common in the world of Commanders.

Titles issues are always concerning;

If you found this XK for sale on Craigslist, I'd recommend you use caution;

While there are plenty of honest people who sell things on Craigslist, it's also pretty well documented that a lot of shady characters use Craigslist, to sell stolen merchandise quickly, in large part due to their very lax oversight.

Where you found your "for sale" listing aside, my only concerns would be:

1) Is there currently a lien on it?

2) Is it stolen?

If you can talk to the seller and come away feeling confident that neither of those 2 things are an issue, I'd say pull the trigger, you can't beat the price - especially if it's still running.

Even if it's not running, if the color scheme is the same, or similar to yours & it's in decent shape, it would easily be worth that much, just for the spare parts.

· Registered
2006 4.7L
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@jklightner ; I've been trying to do the same, but, haven't come across an XK at a reasonable price, that's been worth grabbing yet. Complicating things for me is, I have a black interior, which is not very common in the world of Commanders.

Titles issues are always concerning;

If you found this XK for sale on Craigslist, I'd recommend you use caution;

While there are plenty of honest people who sell things on Craigslist, it's also pretty well documented that a lot of shady characters use Craigslist, to sell stolen merchandise quickly, in large part due to their very lax oversight.

Where you found your "for sale" listing aside, my only concerns would be:

1) Is there currently a lien on it?

2) Is it stolen?

If you can talk to the seller and come away feeling confident that neither of those 2 things are an issue, I'd say pull the trigger, you can't beat the price - especially if it's still running.

Even if it's not running, if the color scheme is the same, or similar to yours & it's in decent shape, it would easily be worth that much, just for the spare parts.
Not so worried about those things. Once it's on private property and tucked into a barn we have at the far side, I can dismantle at my leisure. Two things that do concern me is rust. Coming from Chicago, originally sold into Michigan, rust is a real possibility. Second, it's a Limited. As much as I'd love heated leather seats and dual climate control, one can't just switch them over and expect it to work. A lot of reprogramming would be needed.
There is one in San Diego that is a virtual clone of mine, but he wants way to much ($12,000) KBB says mine is only worth 5k. Maybe I can talk him down.
So if anyone wants to grab the Limited in Chicago, go for it. I'm going to keep looking.
Unless Big Blue wants to make a road trip to Wyoming with his new programmer?

· Administrator
8,736 Posts
Not so worried about those things. Once it's on private property and tucked into a barn we have at the far side, I can dismantle at my leisure. Two things that do concern me is rust. Coming from Chicago, originally sold into Michigan, rust is a real possibility. Second, it's a Limited. As much as I'd love heated leather seats and dual climate control, one can't just switch them over and expect it to work. A lot of reprogramming would be needed.
There is one in San Diego that is a virtual clone of mine, but he wants way to much ($12,000) KBB says mine is only worth 5k. Maybe I can talk him down.
So if anyone wants to grab the Limited in Chicago, go for it. I'm going to keep looking.
Unless Big Blue wants to make a road trip to Wyoming with his new programmer?
I don't see Wyoming in my future....LOL, but, the Star-Scan is supposed to be arriving today.

Coming from what I would consider the rust-belt, yes, rust would definitely be a concern.

Maybe you can ask the guy to send you some pics from underneath the chassis.

· Registered
2006 4.7L
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see Wyoming in my future....LOL, but, the Star-Scan is supposed to be arriving today.

Coming from what I would consider the rust-belt, yes, rust would definitely be a concern.

No, going to give it a hard pass.
What would I do with all the Limited specific items?
Sell them would be about the only option.
Going to keep searching for a base 4.7L, silver and grey

· Registered
2006 4.7L
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

There is one in San Diego that is almost an exact clone of mine.
I pulled the build sheet to compare them.
But he's asking 13k, which is crazy.
KBB gives a max of 6k using his VIN, mileage and zip.
Be interesting to see how he responds.

· Administrator
8,736 Posts
How much did you offer him?

· Administrator
8,736 Posts
Haven't heard anything back yet, maybe he's to busy laughing.
I was hoping to get me some In-N-Out
Keep your fingers crossed.....maybe he's mulling it over.

· Registered
2006 4.7L
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered a new driver side door seal as mine is getting pretty bad.
Mopar says one available in the system. Hope it's actually there and not a computer error.

· Administrator
8,736 Posts
Just ordered a new driver side door seal as mine is getting pretty bad.
Mopar says one available in the system. Hope it's actually there and not a computer error.
Let me know if you actually get it or not.

· Registered
2006 Commander Limited 4.7 130,000 miles
96 Posts
Here in California right now that Commander would get no less than $7500. Mine was listed for $7500 11 months ago but I saw it was 2wd so took off $1000 and needed some minor repairs (inside door handles, headlights and radio antenna) so I offered $6000 out the door! So a more reasonable offer may be $7000 out the door for that Commander.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts