Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Firestone a little while ago.

I replaced just the front tires as I am still unemployed and can only afford two at a time.

That being said, I got a pair of Destination A/T's.

Once I get the back ones done I will feel a little more confident going off road.

Here is a shot of the tread pattern.

The side bite will be way better than the Fortera's. There is a little bit more road noise but that may be due to actually having tread on the tire!

I look forward to getting the back set on and hitting the dirt once more.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
They look great, what size did you settle on?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is OEM size. 245/65R17.

I went and climbed the hill at the Toyota dealer :) after I left Firestone. Zero slippage at all.

I'm going to have to video that one of these days.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Looks nice ,,, you shouldn't worry about the stock tire for offroad ... I still run the stock ones and did alot of offroading :)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Ahmed said:
Looks nice ,,, you shouldn't worry about the stock tire for offroad ... I still run the stock ones and did alot of offroading :)
It depends on where you drive. I went through my first set of stock tires with only 4,000 miles on my XK, I am now on Hueypilots original tires as he tore up one when we were out as well and replaced the rest before it was too late.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TR4Runner,

It is not an "official" off road hill. Their parking lot backs up to a small access road and is about 15-20 feet higher than the road. Right now the grass is about hood high on the access road. I'm guessing the sales guys were getting in trouble for letting customers test drive the FJ's there.

I'd love to be cresting the top as someone is checking out the FJ's. Just to see the look on their face!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Firestone AT

I have a set of these on my Land Rover.

Just a super tire and traction off road and the snow.

They will start to get quiet after a few miles.

Just Love them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great tires but how does it sound on pavement road?

Some tires with deep voids are a bit noisy on the streets.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I've heard good reviews about the Firestone AT, they're a very capable tire and great for an SUV that does mild off-roading. Much better than the Fortera HLs that come stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts