Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to point out the Social Group section located under the "quick links" tab. I have noticed that the other groups around the world have members joining in but the EC-XK group is weak. If you are an EC-XK person then join the group.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out, don't know why it hasn't been done before. There are many social groups there for members who are looking for people in thier own neck of the woods.

Stop in and visit the Arizona Club if you live in AZ.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Wow, that's the first I've seen of the Social Groups. Any way to make them a more prominent feature? Maybe a Social Group link in the forum area?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just signed up.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
EC-XK that is....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok, so i signed up for the southwest social club. But i dont know if its the right one or not. I live in texas. Smack dab in middle of southeast/southwest...and is there something special about them anyway? Just a secondary site for the area members to talk to each other?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Im in!

EC-XK

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Ok, so i signed up for the southwest social club. But i dont know if its the right one or not. I live in texas. Smack dab in middle of southeast/southwest...and is there something special about them anyway? Just a secondary site for the area members to talk to each other?
Same site, just more focused I think.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Just another place to chat and plan events outside the main forum. Any posts made in that section do not show up when you click "New posts", you need to check your social groups often to make sure you are not missing anything. I don't think you can even subscribe to them but if you can I am sure someone will correct me.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Question:

I have noticed at this forum there aren't any "Commander" groups, be it local or national.

I wanted to create or help create a Commander group here in Maryland and offer things like: Customized Plates, Hold events, Trail rides, Trips, Camp Outings, etc.

If this sounds within your range of thinking.. We need at least 25 members and a license plate design in order for Maryland to recognize us as an Official group.

If you live in Maryland and wish to participate in this type of group. Please submit your willingness here (within this post) to getting the ball rolling.

Sponsors are welcome and encouraged to participate.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Click on the "quick links" button and then select "social groups" you can join any groups there that you would like too.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Moved your post to the Social Groups thread.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Re:

very Well Just posted my first Social group Information relevant to the groups survival. I'm attempting to "carry over" many of the sponsors I have made contact with over the past few years.

In this case I have yet to hear back from them Other then [email protected] KYB shocks and Ivan From Haynes UK.

So if you live in Maryland and wish to participate in this group, Please follow the link provided below.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/group.php?groupid=14

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I have noticed at this forum there aren't any "Commander" groups, be it local or national.

I wanted to create or help create a Commander group here in Maryland and offer things like: Customized Plates, Hold events, Trail rides, Trips, Camp Outings, etc.

If this sounds within your range of thinking.. We need at least 25 members and a license plate design in order for Maryland to recognize us as an Official group.

If you live in Maryland and wish to participate in this type of group. Please submit your willingness here (within this post) to getting the ball rolling.

Sponsors are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Good luck with getting 25 people from Maryland to join. I don't think that there's 25 from MD in the forum. You might have to advertise other places also. Also, do you have to live in MD?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Great That You Inquired About The Socail Group

CrzCajun..

As far as I can tell You must have 25 members and be no profit oriented.. From there one must fill out the "Application for Organizational Plates" and I'll quote:

Maryland Vehicle Law, Section 13-619, requires that an organization applying for special registration plates be non-profit in nature, have at least twenty-five (25) members who are Maryland registered drivers, and must comply with the regulations adopted by the MVA.
But if you wish you can join, and I'll keep those posted on upcoming trips, and events.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts