Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just ordered a 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, so my Jeep is going up for sale, and I just took my LED tail lights out this weekend.

So I am putting them up here for sale. They are in like new condition, no chips, no scratches (apart from fine detailing scratches) no cracks, all connections and wires are working fine. They were on my Jeep from November till this past weekend.

They will come in their original box, with all original packaging. The resistors do have double sided tape on them so you can stick them to the inside of the Jeep, where the light housing goes. I have replaced the 'wax paper' over the sticky area and they are still very sticky, but you might want to get some new 3M sticky pads to make sure they don't move. When I took them out this past weekend they were stuck on there good!

I am looking to get $100 for them, plus shipping.

Also, if anyone in the DFW area is interested in the XK, let me know! :)
It'll be up for sale soon. 44700 miles. 5.7 HEMI, loaded. Pics on request.

Here are some pics of the tail lights:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tail lights are completely plug and play. I took the tail lights out of my Jeep on Saturday morning in less than 15 minutes for both of them.

Basically, you open up the trunk, there are two plastic caps holding in each taillight. Pop up the cap and remove. I would place a cloth or rag on your bumper just to protect it as you pull the light out.

Then pull the tail light towards you (pull towards the back of the Jeep) straight out. There are two little ball clips that hold in the tail light and that is it.

Unclip all the bulbs and harness from the housing. Place your tail light to one side.

Now, remove the center two bulbs from the harness.

Unwrap the new LED tail light, and put it up to the cloth on the bumper. Now, the connectors on the LED tail light look just like the light bulbs. They simply clip into the bulb socket and that is it.

However, if you look at the bulb you removed, on the connection portion of it, you'll see 4 silver strips, 2 on each side. This is so you can put the light bulb in the socket any way round and it will work.

The connectors on the LED tail lights, have only 2 metal strips and this means you have to get the polarity correct.

The easiest way to check this is to have your lights on when you hook them up.

I had this issue that I put the lights in, turned on the light and I managed to get only one of the four bulb polarities correct!!!

Took me a moment to figure it out, but in the end, got all 4 polarities correct and voila! awesome looking tail lights! :)

There is also a resistor that you need to stick into the side of the tail light housing and fortunately there is a nice smooth metal plate when you remove the tail lights that you can stick this to.

As I mentioned, I have used these lights, as you can see from the pics, so you might want to buy some new 3M double sided sticky, that's all. I believe they will restick fine, but I don't want you to buy them and be mad at me that I didn't tell you about the sticky pad! :)

Hope this information helps you out.

There is also a 'DIY' on how to remove your tail lights on the forum, if you still aren't clear on my description.

The only thing to be concerned about is the 'polarity' issue of the bulb housings, and sticking the resistor to the Jeep when mounting the tail lights. Otherwise, they are a piece of cake to install!

·
Registered
422 Posts
anyclue on shpping...or how to get prices for shipping...zip 19720

·
Registered
696 Posts
the LEDs are great. I just got mine. somebody should buy these!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
id buy them if my wife would let me or if i hadnt spent 341$ on the rocky road kit or another 300$ on my brush guard and next week 800$ on tires

·
Registered
55 Posts
What payment "style" do you accept? cash, check, paypal?

·
2,248 Posts
If you do not sell them, you could always send them to Silverton with someone as a give away prize.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Maddcow69 - I'm open to paypal or a check, preferably paypal tho.

@HueyPilotVN - This is true, but I would prefer to sell them and put the money towards my new Camaro! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a PM to you Cupra.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.