·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold my Commander and Good Bye

I had sold this:

to get this:

AFTER MOD:

I did lose a lot money during the six months.... but well.... totally enjoy the new car.

Anyway, thanks for all your help during my very short journey with the Commander. Good luck to you all.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Good luck to you as well.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That thing really shrunk in the wash........:shock:

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
:bye:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new rig! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I don't think it has the same clearance... but surely better MPG!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
At least they have the same color :) .... good luck :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i was looking at those, but a little out of my price range. amg has some nince mods for them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That garage looks like it has the same square footage as my house. :ack:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't think it has the same clearance... but surely better MPG!
Not really. It has a V8 and only 1-2 MPG better than my 4.7. It also needs premium gas, so there is no gas saving.

i was looking at those, but a little out of my price range. amg has some nince mods for them.
Not really either. You can get a standard one for $22K and a fully loaded one (MSRP $68K) for less than $27K now. All cars are hurting. Seriously, if you do not need to go offroad (like ours), the R-class is a much better choice for family to travel.

That garage looks like it has the same square footage as my house. :ack:
hehe... it is not mine.

New pictures.... with some mod.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's still a nice looking ride even though it's not a Jeep. Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice looking ride. i think i would have kept the commander.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, but moving from a Commander, why not the GL? It is one of the few vehicles that I would trade my Commander for. Really like the M Class too, but want the option of 3rd Row. But thats the beauty of the free market capitalist society.........

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I've gotta ask - what is the reason trading the commander for that thing?
Two things are the deciding factors:

1. The Jeep dealer and Service department really turned me off. I had couple visits due to some fit and finish problems and one recall. I did not find the dealer very helpful and friendly. My last couple vehicles were from Acura, Audi, BMW and Mercedes and I was just used to much better customer service and facilities than what I got from Jeep.

2. Even though I got the Limited, the car especially the ride and comfort was a bit too "rough" for my family compared to our preivous vehicles. Since the commander was our vehicle for family trip, my wife and son's opinion weighted a lot and the Commander is just not their type of vehicle.

Congrats on the new ride, but moving from a Commander, why not the GL? It is one of the few vehicles that I would trade my Commander for. Really like the M Class too, but want the option of 3rd Row. But thats the beauty of the free market capitalist society.........
We were looking for a vehicle with the "usable" third row seating and I totally love the GL but we just cannot afford it. The used one is still going for $40+K and almost $20K more than my R-class.

so you got an over priced minivan.
Not disagree with you since the original MSRP of my R-class was $68K. However, I only paid mid $20's for a 2 years old low mileage lease return vehicle with 2 more years factory warranty left. It has pretty much most of the technology/gidget/toys from Mercedes (5.0 liter V8, 4x4, Nav Command Center, Keyless go, Airmatic suspension, XM, DVD, Panorama Sunroof, Power Liftgate and etc) for myself and the comfort features (3 zone climate controls, leather and power everything) for my bosses (aka wife & kids). This is pretty much the best choice out there for my family within my budget allowed.

Btw, that is why I blacked out the front and have changed the wheels to 22, so it doesn't look "totally" like a mini van.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts