Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I took a trip to the Outer Banks this past weekend for our anniversary. Towed the pop up down and managed it fit in some beach driving. To be honest, I was a little nervous about going out there but once I got into it, no problems at all! I didn't have to air down or anything, just turned off the ESP and geared down into 2nd and smooth driving ahead. Just a few pics to show that it's not just Ahmed playing in the sand! haha

This was a pretty cool Beach Tow Truck we saw in Ocracoke

Once I got there, I reset my mileage since it was so flat and Man was I impressed! Best mileage I've ever seen from a Commander (this was also for the entire weekend including the beach driving)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. Excellent gas mileage as well.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
From Raleigh you have great access to the OBX and it is probable you will visit often, I recommend that you air down to save a lot of wear and tear on your XK. When you get into the soft sand watch your temp guage if it runs hot you need to lower your pressure.

I take mine there for at least a week every year and have run the beaches when the wind was blowing so hard that it filled in the tracks from all the vehcile in front of you and never had a problem. Since my trip takes 13 hours, I eveny you.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like a fun day on the beach!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Nice,, I like when you guys try the sand :) ,,,, did you notice that the Traction control work more often that other terrains .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I acutally had to turn the traction control off because I would have lost my forward momentum completly... That's what happened to a commander that was driving out as I was going in. He actually burried his jeep to the frame but managed to wiggle his way out. A blast for sure though, I'll be back. The wife wants me to take her back when the weather gets nicer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts