Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a pioneer 2440 double din had to use a dodge ram mount and had to have my amp bypassed but I love it. Also did my first shot at wrapping my steering wheel in paracord might redo it but good enough for my first attempt took me about an hour and a half watched a movie while I did it lol. What y'all think? I tried to use the whole 100 feet in one continuous piece but only used about 90 feet. It's a 5 layer paracord with snare line and fishing line in it for that just in case. Lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
Installed a pioneer 2440 double din had to use a dodge ram mount and had to have my amp bypassed but I love it. Also did my first shot at wrapping my steering wheel in paracord might redo it but good enough for my first attempt took me about an hour and a half watched a movie while I did it lol. What y'all think? I tried to use the whole 100 feet in one continuous piece but only used about 90 feet. It's a 5 layer paracord with snare line and fishing line in it for that just in case. Lol
I had a Pioneer AVH-X490BS CD/DVD RDS AV Double Din head unit with Sirius XM Receiver installed toward the tail end of Dec 2017. I still have it and have had no issues.

It runs through my 77KICK18AB 8 Channel, 368 Watt amplifier (MOPAR KICKER upgrade) with no issues and the stereo/audio shop that installed it, even ordered & installed the correct adapter that hooked right up to the factory harness for the back-up camera;

I'm curious about what issue you had, that caused you to bypass the factory amp?

I like the paracord wrap on the steering wheel, that's pretty unique.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to bypass the amp or wait to get the right harness for the amp. The guy at the stereo sold me the wrong harness and I had installed everything and had no sound so I brought it to the shop paid him $45 and he bypassed it for me. The harness I needed they woulda had to order and I wanted to jam so... lol. Sounds so much better than stock it's crazy. The bass in these stock 6x9s is surprising. And thanks on the paracord i did a little more today shift knob and e brake.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I had to bypass the amp or wait to get the right harness for the amp. The guy at the stereo sold me the wrong harness and I had installed everything and had no sound so I brought it to the shop paid him $45 and he bypassed it for me. The harness I needed they woulda had to order and I wanted to jam so... lol. Sounds so much better than stock it's crazy. The bass in these stock 6x9s is surprising. And thanks on the paracord i did a little more today shift knob and e brake.
Seems like you have that down to a science.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I got the idea from a fisherman who was retired navy. I have to burn a few ends on the knob and I'll post a pic of that. The knob was so hard lol. I'm debating on door handles and making custom o **** handles (I don't know what there really called) lol

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
The wrapping reminds me of the stuff we did in the Navy. Looks great.
Yep, I'm a Navy Desert Storm Veteran myself and I currently sail with the Navy now, as a Civilian U.S. Merchant Marine.

I see these kind of wrappings all the time, never would have thought to incorporate it into my XK though....pretty cool.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll probably redo it all eventually now that I've had practice but for now I'm satisfied. the steering wheel is a different knot type from the e brake which is much cleaner and faster so I'll probably redo it all in that style.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks guys I got the idea from a fisherman who was retired navy. I have to burn a few ends on the knob and I'll post a pic of that. The knob was so hard lol. I'm debating on door handles and making custom o **** handles (I don't know what there really called) lol
Since you're debating making custom 0h S#&T handles. AKA grab handles.
Try rapping in luxurious leather. Very classy and easier to clean than paracord.
Check out mine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's clean, I was thinking about doing some leather on the glove box, kicker panel maybe top of dash and center console. But yea that's nice looking

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've got an 06 with the factory Boston System and an aftermarket Double DIN HU....also used to do car stereo installs. Not sure what the stereo shop told you, but the trick with these amps is that they take their "input" from the the Rear Speaker wires. So to get it to work right you have to cross wire the adapter harness. Attach the Front L/R outs from the HU to the Rear L/R wires in the harness. Yes it'll still work if you don't do this, but you'll notice a lot of "front only" audio not working- ie: BlueTooth, Nav, button beeps, etc.
IIRC, you also have to attach the Amp Trigger/Power on wire from the HU (Blue/White wire) to the correct wire in the harness so the amp actually turns on. This is usually a Blue wire on the adapter harness, either labeled Amp Power or Power Ant. OR wire the switched Acc Power to do the same thing---this is probably what your problem was!

I'm pretty sure this is all the shop actually did for you; $45 for a full amp by-pass with or without the pre-made harness sounds really cheap considering they still had to run wires all down the full length of the driver's side to get to the amp at the rear.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Since you're debating making custom 0h S#&T handles. AKA grab handles.
Try rapping in luxurious leather. Very classy and easier to clean than paracord.
Check out mine.

I like that leather!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks. I got the idea from my Ram.
So I had some made for my Jeep. Now it matches all the rest of my brown interior. I don't use them at all. It's just for looks.
I use the ones on my Ram. Because it's a 4x4 ,and we need a little help getting up there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts