Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -

Thanks to all the great information on this site, I have narrowed my new tire choices down to BFG AT KO's or Brigdestone Dueler AT Revo 2.

I have a stock '08 Overland with 245/60-18. Neither of these tires are available in the stock tire size. What are some of you other 18" wheel owners running?

Thanks!

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
If you put a 2" lift on you will have more options. A 2" lift can be had for around $150 or less.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - eventually, I would like to lift a little. I need tires like yesterday though. I was hoping to get to DT this weekend.

The Dueler A/T Revo 2 is available in a 255/70-18. Any idea if that will fit without rubbing?

Thanks!

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all your help jeep5253!
I looked there before I originally posted but could only find info on the 17" wheels.

Looks like the tires may have to wait while I break down and get lifted.

Eventually, I would like to get a lift kit but for now I think I will have to go the spacer route.

Of the spacers listed (or not listed), is there one brand you would suggest?

Thanks again,

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Any of the spacers listed are good. I believe the Spidertrax will be the least expensive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry - I was talking about the 2" lift spacers. Will the Spidertrax wheel spacers allow me to move to a 255/70-18?

Sorry for the dumb questions - I really appreciate your help.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
My knowledge on this is limited. If you send a PM to 07JeepXK he will help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didnt want to start a new topic and clutter things so figured id tag on the end of this one. I am putting a 2 inch lift on my commander this weekend. I am going to buy 1.5 spacers as well I am getting the new tires within the next month and i want to go with a 265 70/17 i was looking at the kumho road venture mt k71's. I guess my question is what am i going to have to do with the wheel well and everything if anything. I am new to the forums so help is greatly appreciated. Also i apologize if i posted in the wrong place.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I didnt want to start a new topic and clutter things so figured id tag on the end of this one. I am putting a 2 inch lift on my commander this weekend. I am going to buy 1.5 spacers as well I am getting the new tires within the next month and i want to go with a 265 70/17 i was looking at the kumho road venture mt k71's. I guess my question is what am i going to have to do with the wheel well and everything if anything. I am new to the forums so help is greatly appreciated. Also i apologize if i posted in the wrong place.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

1 - 10 of 10 Posts