Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I have driven my new JC ~1000 miles with no issues and then two reared their ugly heads today....

Anytime I go over a speed hump (6" Tall and about 6' in length) at any speed over 15 miles an hour I get a hard bang from the underside of the JC on the drivers side.....

Also with the auto up windows it will stall about 1/2 way and returns to window down position on the passenger side...I belive this maybe an adjustment b/c I heard Grand Cherokees were having some similiar issues.....

Anybody else experiencing this
?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mardi Gras said:
Anytime I go over a speed hump (6" Tall and about 6' in length) at any speed over 15 miles an hour I get a hard bang from the underside of the JC on the drivers side.....
Could it be the spare tire? Might be loose.

Mardi Gras said:
Also with the auto up windows it will stall about 1/2 way and returns to window down position on the passenger side...I belive this maybe an adjustment b/c I heard Grand Cherokees were having some similiar issues.....
I don't know about this one, but I was at the dealership last week and went to roll the same window up. I thought my finger slipped, hit the button wrong , or something. But now I think about it, it did the same thing. Didn't say anything though cause I thought everything was fine. Never happened again though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mardi Gras said:
....Anytime I go over a speed hump...at any speed over 15 miles an hour I get a hard bang...
First, what the heck are you doing going that fast over a speed breaker? :eek: They are in place to slow people down to speeds of less than 10 MPH. That said if it is not the spare then you probably want to get the front end checked.

As for the window auto-reverse there is a TSB on it (see link below). I have had mine checked/worked on three times now and it STILL happens. The one thing that the service department has not done is replace the regulator - for some reason, even though the TSB states to do this, they insist on lubing the window glides :rolleyes: - I will be insisting they replace the regulator when I take it back in.

http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_2300806.pdf

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update....the knocking was of my own doing....I had left the trailer hitch in the reciever and that was the culprit......

This was confirmed by having my buddy jiggle the hitch and it replicated the knocking sensation...as for the TSB...thanks for the link

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Mardi Gras said:
well I have driven my new JC ~1000 miles with no issues and then two reared their ugly heads today....

Anybody else experiencing this
?
My window did same thing dealer replaced regulator, couple of weeks did the same thing, dealer greased armitour (sp?) and did it again the next day, took it back to dealer and they replaced regulator again. It has been a month and still working.:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah, ours does that. pass side front. only 600 miles. i'll get it fixed with the 1st oil change. and myabe the second and third from the sounds of it. nyuk nyuk nyuk.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I brought my XK in for an oil change and various TSB-related fixes... one of them was the window-up problem at the front passenger side. They ordered the regulator ... Came in within a week. Got it replaced.. and the problem hasn't occurred for at least a month now. I noticed the window struggling to close (made a wah wah wah noise as it went up) before the regulator was replaced. Now it's smooth as silk.

Dealer took care of the windshield noise also, the intermittent "Service 4wd" warning also, AND the quirky comfort level setting for the HVAC system also... all in 2 days.

I was surprised at the good service from Tuttle-Click Jeep (Tustin, CA) ... compared to the horrible service experience with Huntington Beach Jeep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts