Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I replaced my air filter today, I noticed that the airbox had cat food in it. How the hell did the previous owner get cat food in the airbox? Makes me wonder what else could be outta place with the engine bay.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Not that strange.

The PO likely stored cat food in his garage.
Mice were drawn to the easy pickings.
They started storing it in the Jeeps airbox.....dark and quiet (when not running)

I have seen this many times......seeds, dogfood, catfood, heck, anything they find edible and sometimes nesting material as well, packed in to car and motorcycle airboxes, motorcycle fairings, heater boxes in cars etc.

Rob

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
As I replaced my air filter today, I noticed that the airbox had cat food in it. How the hell did the previous owner get cat food in the airbox? Makes me wonder what else could be outta place with the engine bay.
Is it possible yours was built with a Jaguar engine?
:eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Is it possible yours was built with a Jaguar engine?
:eek:rangehat:
LOL...I know what you mean. I had a brand new 1973 MGB (Jag and MG both made by same co.) and you wouldn't believe the cr** that was embedded in the paint under the seats.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That would be my guess, be thankful that the rodent did not crawl into the air vents ect. Cost $2000 to get one out of our old land cruiser and **** was stored in everyhting. They had build a colony while it was parked at night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts