Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Custom NMO Antenna brackets:
Somehow I lost the CAD file I used when creating my antenna mounts, but had a paper copy I was working off I scanned, here it is for anyone that might be interested. The angle on the slope needs to be played with a little bit to fit the body and pass under the lip of the hood, the reason for the twist and odd slope is to "lean" the antenna back towards the windshield as the hood slopes forward so the antenna remains vertical and inline with the factory antenna.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Accessory switches, power distribution, and radio mounts:

-Switch plate is a 5.25" computer tower drive bay cover, press fits perfectly in that location with a small hole drilled out in the factory cubby below the rubber mat so when not in use as a switch plate, its back to being a cubby without things falling through.

-Power distribution comes straight from the battery to a 6 point fused terminal block, ground comes from the frame just above inside the door. The 4 in use power taps are ~6" long and end in Anderson PowerPole connections for quick connection of any accessory.

- The two radios in view are (on the bottom) a Yaesu FT-8500 Dual Band Ham radio with separation kit, the display presses perfectly into the small change holder behind the cup holders, it has a Argent Data OT2m APRS Tracker (black box) connected to it to use with a laptop when tracking balloons or working events. It also has two remote speakers (only one visible) disguised as dogs mounted on each side of the dash for the two bands of the radio. The Silver radio is a Argent Data T2-301 APRS Tracker with integrated VHF radio connected to a Garmin Nuvi-350 GPS on the dash for vehicle tracking and messaging.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice looking switch plate! Very professional wiring job. But what's that crazy dog camera thing in front of the "A" pillar next to your nav?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, not a Dog, its a speaker for the VHF side of my mobile radio, there's another one on the right side for the UHF side so I can tell whose on what side of the radio and pick the right channel to talk on.
The Nav's tied into the radio's as well for APRS and a quick heads up of whats moving around me rather than looking at the laptop, still use the factory nav for guidance, its a bit easier to reach and program than the nuvi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts