Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can daystar spacers be used with ome lift?

·
Registered
243 Posts
You can definitely stack the OME springs and daystar spacer in the rear. This will net you around 4" of lift, which goes really well with the OME HD springs up front. This setup should be pretty much the same as mine with the 4" SL springs. Coming from a past daystar owner, you will not regret the swap.

Here's one of the most recent members to stack springs and spacer: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?2000-Core-XK-s-Garage/page62

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had been trying to get a set of SL 4" rear springs and match them up with a set of OME HD front coils along with a with a 1/4 - 1/2" spacer.

But since Superlift informed me they wont sell their 4" rear coils on their own, maybe this kinda combo is the next best thing. A set of OME HD rear coils and a 2" block spacer. I was looking for just a little rake in the back...something like 1.5" more then the front when its all finished.

Or....for about $245 JBA offers 4" rear coil springs. In the end, the price of 2" rear spacers and a set of OME springs would come to about the same price anyway.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Message Gangster, he ended up buying SL springs instead of combining spacers\springs and he told me he bought an extra set to sell. I'm pretty sure he got the SL springs direct from Superlift for like $120, so he could shed some light on how to get 'em from Superlift without the full kit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll have to ask him how he got his hands on a set. I emailed them last week and the SL customer rep said they wont sell them separately.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well, it looks like he hasn't logged in since July. I remember him telling me he just called them up. Just try calling Superlift and explain your situation, they'll probably work with ya.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I may just give them a call and see if talking to someone makes a difference. I'm still on the fence about how I want to accomplish my rear lift, so I don't want to ask them then not buy a set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts