Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I picked up an '07 RRCP Overland with 90k. Unfortunately, it's missing the "tune" knob on the REC nav unit. Seeing as the dealer wants $40, and online they are $45, I'm hoping someone might happen to have a spare they could hook a brother up with at a discounted rate!

Also, in my initial readings on this forum so far, I read mention of an auto tilt-down feature of the mirrors. One of my previous cars had this ('98 Aurora) and it was quite nice. I'm still very much not used to the visibility in this vehicle over my last '04 WJ, and even with the backup camera, I would love the auto-tilt down. Is this a select-able option, or is mine broken and/or not equipped? I do have the electric fold-in mirrors, if that was even an option.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't all rush in at once, now.

I found the mopar part number for the knob on pacparts.com sold as an Alpine part. As I understand, the REC navigation unit is made by Alpine, so for $6.50 plus shipping, I ordered it.

In further searching, it seems that, at least for the WK Grand Cherokees, the auto tilt-down mirror function can be flashed in at the dealer with the starscan tool for between 0 and 30 minutes of labor rates.

·
Super Moderator
14,940 Posts
The mirror tilt-down has to be done by the dealer. Please post the part # for the $6.50 REC knob in case someone needs one in the future. You can also tune by using the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The knob information is as follows from the pacparts.com site:

Alpine 68051837AA

Knob Vol. Assy. Bz9Cy110

I received it yesterday and can confirm that it is an exact match to the factory volume knob that I still had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts