Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my spare mounted behind the commander like I wanted

Next I wanna figure out how to mount a highlift jack and a jerry can

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
Nice. Where did you get it ? I can't tell from the pic but can you still use the hitch ?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Can you lower the tire carrier to open the back hatch or window? Or do you need to dismount it from the receiver?

By the way, I saw your other post off roading and noticed your snorkel. I didn't recall any posting about you putting a snorkel on and I noticed your low post count. It didn't make sense to me until I saw that you bought a built Commander. Nice one. Have fun.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
There was a really cool hitch mounted tire carier in this months Fourwheeler. Let me see if Baby Momma didnt throw it away and I will post a link

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have been playing roulette without a spare, plus it looks sweet to have a big custom wheel and tire hanging off the back. Who made this and can I get the plans or have them make one for me? How is the rear camera affected?

My brother is an engineer and nearly finished the design in Solid Works cad program. I say nearly finished as that was almost a year ago now and no final plans. It is clear I need to move on............

HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Carrier

I fabbed this one up for a trip to Labrador. I clears the glass in place and swings for the tailgate. It also carries a shovel and High lift jack

I can't use my hitch but it is based on a 12,000lb draw bar so I still have a solid attachment point for pulling or for being pulled:icon_cry:

I could easily put a ball on the draw bar if I needed to tow a trailer

Just my idea, worked great on the trip

OnaTrail if up need some more info and or measurements PM me, can send u more pics and measurements

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
I fabbed this one up for a trip to Labrador. I clears the glass in place and swings for the tailgate. It also carries a shovel and High lift jack

I can't use my hitch but it is based on a 12,000lb draw bar so I still have a solid attachment point for pulling or for being pulled:icon_cry:

I could easily put a ball on the draw bar if I needed to tow a trailer

Just my idea, worked great on the trip

OnaTrail if up need some more info and or measurements PM me, can send u more pics and measurements
Did you disconnect your backup sensors ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you disconnect your backup sensors ?
No just turned it off on the control panel, just like when I towed the camper, no biggie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts