Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a basket for the roof of the XK but that means no more fitting into the garage... Is it safe enough and practical to just throw the spare onto the crossbars and strap it down really tight with tiedowns? I spaced my crossbars so that the sidewall of the tire sits on the bars. It seems like it would work as a temporary situation until I can decide that the garage is overrated.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
This should not be a problem, just make sure that there is no way for the tire to come loose and hit another vehicle on the roadway.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Is there a reason why you want to put it up on the cross bars and not leave it below the vehicle?

EDIT: Disregard last. I just realized you have larger tires. I didnt see anything in your signature so I figured you were still stock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Saweet. Thank you.

My brother in law is coming into town and I wanted to take him and I fishing for fathers day while making sure we would get back.

I hate short garages by the way. This right here has me convinced to say "[removed] who needs a garage anyways"

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've been considering the same thing. It takes up too much room inside.

·
2,248 Posts
Hey...I got an Idea....

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That is a great idea. But it's about $600 more in price. I would like to do that someday though.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Pre Get-Lost 4x4 rear tire carrier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts