Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most spare tires are steel rims and assume the spare on my Jeep is the same. I don't know I haven't looked under the Jeep to confirm yet because its so cold out side (-35C). But when looking at the exterior mods forum I saw the picture of the underside of the Jeep with the skid plates & saw that spare was an alloy rim. It would sure be nice if it came with a rim the same as all the others. Does it come with a steel rim or is it an alloy one? Sorry if this is a dumb question. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thx guys, made my day!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Some came with a steel rim, albeit very few. Others are the alloy rim and most are painted black. I think you could get a matching spare rim if you ordered it and I dont know if you got a chrome-clad spare.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have chrome clad wheels. My spare was an alloy wheel painted black. I traded it with another forum member for another chrome clad.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I have the gray Hulk wheels. My Jeep came with 5. The only time I have looked at the spare is when I had to add air, because the light was lit on the dash!

·
Registered
417 Posts
5 matching Chrome (plastic chrome cover) wheels.

I even bought some Wrangler mud tires and everyone was selling sets of 5 matched. It makes more of a difference when your tire is mounted on the back for everyone to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts