Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a girl, so I do not know much about cars, so please excuse me. My 2006 Commander v6 3.7L..has been riding rough once in a while. It has 47,000 miles on it...and this has been nothing but a headache. The dealer replaced the muffler, starter, ECM, transmission connector, water pump, blower motor, and tire sensor in the past 2 years. My dealer said I need a tune up bc my wires are very worn. They quoted me $700 to replace the wires and air filter. My friend who's a mechanic said he would do it if I get the parts, as I am a grad student and doing an unpaid internship.

Can someone point me in the direction on where to find them? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Our Jeeps don't have normal spark plugs wires. Can't think of what they are called off the top of my head but I know they aren't cheap. Easy to replace but the parts alone will cost you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! my friend whos a mechanic just looked and said I just need plugs and an air filter...any brand recommendations??

·
Registered
389 Posts
07JeepXK, are you referring to the ignition coils?

About $20 a pop... one per cylinder if they do need replaced. Just unplug, unscrew (bolts), pull out, and reverse to install... very quick and easy.

Air filter should be cheap too... I don't use the stock system anymore, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts