Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the Champion 570 RE14MCC4 Copper Plus and was wondering if anyone else besides BackcounrtyBob has had any issues with them?
06' hemi

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Are those the oem plugs that came with it or an upgraded plug?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Napa Auto store these are oem. I saw the posts by another member and he said it caused coli damage. Just wondering if anyone has used these. checked my boots and coils and everything seemed fine. didnt put the plugs in yet, waiting to see if i get a response on here

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
OEM or OEM replacement? If those are the same that are in it now it wont cause any damage..

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Been running them for over 15K miles - working fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just put these in last night. They are gapped to the required .044, the comparable auto lites are not. Engines idles and does everything better than the previous NGK iridiums the previous owner had installed.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I just put these in last night. They are gapped to the required .044, the comparable auto lites are not. Engines idles and does everything better than the previous NGK iridiums the previous owner had installed.
I'm coming up on spark plug replacement time. How much did these plugs run you? I'm running Champion OEM and she runs fine, although mileage is deteriorating. Hoping to pick up 1 or 2 mpg; unlikely, but there's plenty of room for improvement right now.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I just changed my spark plugs two days ago with the oem champions on my 4.7 liter. The are really cheap. Think I paid $1.49 each from local auto parts store. I've tried running several other plugs with bad results.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Which plugs exactly, the Champion OEM or some other?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry, OEM champions, $2.65/each loving the, seeing 1-2 mpg improvement over NGK iridium of unknown age. They were however in poor shape.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Thanks. I'm leaning to the Champion OEMs but I may give the Autolite APP5263 a shot. Looking to keep the solid performance of the OEM stuff but get the Platinum longevity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced my oems at 80,000 miles with Champion oems. I've put 2,000 miles on the new ones with no issues. Gas mileage also improved by 2 miles per gallon. Runs like new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I assume the OEM plugs are gapped correctly when you buy them?
Just wondering cause I have to pick some up this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I assume the OEM plugs are gapped correctly when you buy them?
Just wondering cause I have to pick some up this weekend.
You should always check the gap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are the champion double platinums ok, you think? or just go with the regualar
Champion - RE14MCC4 for my 2006 commander 5.7 hemi ?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Are the champion double platinums ok, you think? or just go with the regualar
Champion - RE14MCC4 for my 2006 commander 5.7 hemi ?
For the HEMI it is best to use the OEM Champions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts