Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well not really a spark plug... A pulse plug. 1,000,000 watts worth.

Heres the website - http://www.pulstarplug.com/index.html

Well my questions are -
1. Does anyone use these on any of their vehicles?
2. What do you think of these?
3. Not being an actual spark plug it cant misfire but it potentially can short out? It just sounds like it opens you up for more problems. then what. :/

I am looking at these because I only need 6 of them vs 16 :eek: ... And it looks to be a decent mod where I can maybe get 5hp and 1.5 mpg with better response.

Your input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It looks like you could be the first one to test and write about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well not really a spark plug... A pulse plug. 1,000,000 watts worth.

Heres the website - http://www.pulstarplug.com/index.html

Well my questions are -
1. Does anyone use these on any of their vehicles?
2. What do you think of these?
3. Not being an actual spark plug it cant misfire but it potentially can short out? It just sounds like it opens you up for more problems. then what. :/

I am looking at these because I only need 6 of them vs 16 :eek: ... And it looks to be a decent mod where I can maybe get 5hp and 1.5 mpg with better response.

Your input would be appreciated.

at 24.94 each! :eyemouth:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kragen wanted $25 a plug. For the 5.7 it would have cost $400 but the brochure says you get 11hp increase. Supposedly it is certified for the 5.7l hemi.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Kragen wanted $25 a plug. For the 5.7 it would have cost $400 but the brochure says you get 11hp increase. Supposedly it is certified for the 5.7l hemi.
You plan on getting them? I think for $400 I would rather get a powerpack. At least the powerpacks have more than one use.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You plan on getting them? I think for $400 I would rather get a powerpack. At least the powerpacks have more than one use.
No, I bought the Champion double platinums instead for $68. I did give it a serious impulse buying thought though. Rational thought won out :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, I bought the Champion double platinums instead for $68. I did give it a serious impulse buying thought though. Rational thought won out :)

How are your platinum spark plugs working out? I called some dealers to see if they'd recommend me using Platinum spark plugs instead of the OEM versions. Common response was that they've heard of bad issues with veering away from the OEM required. Problems included: stalling, engine shudder at idle, etc.

Whats your experience?

I'm looking at the NGK G power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts