Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a little bit of work on the Jeep, '06 with the 3.7l V6, and I was wondering.... what is a "good" brand of spark plug to use. I'm not looking for high performance, best in the world, just looking for a really good quality long lasting plug. Are there any signs of wear on the coil packs, while I have them out, that I should look for?? My Jeep had the motor replaced approx. 58k ago and I don't know how long the coil packs are suppose to last. I am noticing a little bit of stuttering when driving.

I keep doing searches on these subjects and it is kind of hard to weed out answers

any suggestions, or point me to the right threads, would be appreciated

thanks

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
I'm looking to do a little bit of work on the Jeep, '06 with the 3.7l V6, and I was wondering.... what is a "good" brand of spark plug to use. I'm not looking for high performance, best in the world, just looking for a really good quality long lasting plug. Are there any signs of wear on the coil packs, while I have them out, that I should look for?? My Jeep had the motor replaced approx. 58k ago and I don't know how long the coil packs are suppose to last. I am noticing a little bit of stuttering when driving.

I keep doing searches on these subjects and it is kind of hard to weed out answers

thanks
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/search.php?searchid=11789979

·
Registered
31 Posts

thanks
I also have the V6, and from everything I’ve read on the spark plugs, it’s best to stay with the OEM plugs. I also went ahead and replaced my coil packs at maybe 150,000 miles. I have over 200k now and have never had a problem with the OEM plugs.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
@jeep5253 - When I click that Link, all it says is "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Am I doing something wrong?
@tankman67; I don't think you're doing anything wrong, it tells me the same thing when click on it.

I'd say it's a bad link.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
I also have the V6, and from everything I’ve read on the spark plugs, it’s best to stay with the OEM plugs. I also went ahead and replaced my coil packs at maybe 150,000 miles. I have over 200k now and have never had a problem with the OEM plugs.
I'd agree with you @schlagel17; I had mine changed at around 86,000 miles and stayed with the OEM plugs; That's always the safer bet in my opinion.

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
@jeep5253 - When I click that Link, all it says is "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry, I wasn't sure if it would work or not. It is a link to the search results I did for spark plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts