Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Jeep Commander with the REC Radio and all speakers in the doors stopped working and the only ones that work are the ones on top of dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had an issue like this or maybe have any ideas on what might have happened. I took the radio out and looked at the wires and everything seems to be fine, I have been fooling around with sound systems and all of that since I was like 16 so I have a little bit of knowledge about that stuff. Can anyone tell me if them 4 speakers run off of a seperate fuse or something I really dont wanna take this thing to the dealership over this issue... Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your talking about the factory amp, right? Bc I dont have a system in it anymore. Could you tell me how to check the amp or something or where the fuse is for it, I seem to have misplaced my owners manual and I can't find one anywhere...

·
Registered
282 Posts
i think the amp is underneath the middle row seats.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
i think the amp is underneath the middle row seats.
The amp is behind the panel in the cargo area on the driver's side.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I have the same issue....Jeep5253, do you mean the entire cargo panel?! How hard is it to remove?
I think you can access the amp my removing the storage bin on top of the panel. It should just pop out but be careful so that you don't break it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem with my commander. Had asked the same question on here with no results. I however did resolve the issue, traded in for a Hummer.:stickpoke:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly looking for advise on repairing a problem, not overcompensating for other problem. (the size of my speakers is just fine).

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Honestly looking for advise on repairing a problem, not overcompensating for other problem. (the size of my speakers is just fine).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
What are you implying? And remember you’re the one with limp speakers.Just kidding. Before I traded in my jeep I started to troubleshoot. What I do know is the speakers were not blown. I verified that by removing the front door panel speaker and was able to get sound from another source but that was as far as I had gone into it. Good luck..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts