Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to apologize, I am a Noob here. 33 years old and owned Jeeps since I was 16. I never remember my dad not having a Jeep too. Anyways we just popped out a third kid and the wife had the balls to ask me to get a minivan....the hell with that, I bought a Commander instead! So the absolute ONLY issue I have had with my 2010 Commander is the Speedometer and RPM gauges need to be switched. I have been driving it for a month and I just can't take it...I swear I am going to get a ticket soon!

So I am wondering, can they be switched? Simply swapping sides, RPM is on the right now, I want it on the left and have my speedometer on the right side instead of the left...is that clear enough....sorry hard to type what I visualize:) Has anyone attempted this? If the information system and such was not integrated, I would not hesitate to try this. I am not new to Jeep upgrading and MODS, done it my whole life. In fact I have already had the dash off to install a Parrot Bluetooth system. Just never took the time to look at the gauges. Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Sorry, no advice, just wanted to welcome yo to the Forum.

·
Registered
417 Posts
seems like a strange request. Any chance you'll just get used to it? It often just takes some time to settle in to a car.

When we first got our Jeep, I would find myself reaching for the column shifter like we had in the Tahoe. Now it's second nature to reach for the shifter in the correct place.

The other thing you might do is to block off the tachometer with a piece of cardboard so your eyes are drawn to the speedometer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me, if I could get used to it I would not even think about posting this:) I have owner her for a not now, and just not finding it capable of getting used to.:)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The problem is that everything is in the circuit board. This is just a thought but, if you can jump the circuit board to the servo (or whatever you call it that turns the needle) then you can (presuming the servo's are different for RPM and speed) swap the two servos so now you have the speedo on the right. This would solve the left right issue, now you can get a custom printed face with the two guages the way you want and any design you like. I don't have a link to the custom cluster face people but there are a few that do it.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The problem is that everything is in the circuit board. This is just a thought but, if you can jump the circuit board to the servo (or whatever you call it that turns the needle) then you can (presuming the servo's are different for RPM and speed) swap the two servos so now you have the speedo on the right. This would solve the left right issue, now you can get a custom printed face with the two guages the way you want and any design you like. I don't have a link to the custom cluster face people but there are a few that do it.
I'm thinking he solved it one way or another since this thread is a year old -- just sayin'. :wiggle:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator is what your looking for. It even works for gear swaps. Just recently swapped 3.73's into my friends 05 WK 3.7 liter that originally came with 3.07s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts