Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I searched the forum and did not see anything related to my issue. I pulled all the 20 and 30 amp fuses and reset everything to reset my 4wd low module. Now, my speedometer don't work, my parking brake light is on, my abs light is also on. WTF? Please help. It starts fine. The "service 4wd system" light is still on. (fuse 25)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Check for blown fuses. I have blown fuses that lit my ABS, ESP and Traction Control Lights when I turned on the ignition with many things on the steering wheel and dash disconnected. The fuse box under the dash is where the fuse to the steering column power is located. Those systems use input from a steering wheel position sensor, that is dead if the fuse blows for power to the steering column.

The Final Drive Control Module (FDCM) controls the shifting of the XFR case, is that what you're talking about when you say "4wd low module"?

The latest software release is suppose to solve the problem of the last software release that incorrectly fails the FDCM on a self-test and disables any shifting of the XRF case. Of course, you could have a real problem with the FDCM, shift motor or mechanisms in the XFR case that is lighting the "Service 4WD System" warning for legitimate reasons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts