Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 7 pin installed on my commander and want to splice in a 4 way flat. The problem is I do not know the wire colors for the 7 pin. The colors that I need and they are the following Left Turn, Right Turn, Tail Light & Ground from the back of the plug so I can install the 4 way flat. Any help would be great.

·
2,248 Posts
Are you sure that you do not also have a 4 pin connector up under the rear bumper? The factory towing package usually includes both connectors. Try looking again.

In case you still need the colors. As I recall them they are White, Brown, Yellow and Green. White is ground, Brown is tail or running lights, and the other two are combo turn and brakes. Use a 12 volt probe and you will find which is right or left. That is the standard colors anyway...I think.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know mine has the 4-way flat hidden behind the 7 pin. If you don't have that, you could also get a 7-pin to 4-way converter. I have a friend that refused to realize the four way flat beside the 7-pin on his F-150 was for the 4-way trailer lights. He argued it was for the trailer brakes and used a 7-pin to 4-way flat converter. He needed to read his owner's manual, the 7-pin is for trailer brakes and lights, the 4-way is only for lights. But, they do make a converter that plugs into the 7-pin if you don't have the 4-way hidden behind the 7-pin.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yep mine has the 4 pin hidden behind the bumper on ther harness too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts