Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 XK and I got the sport bars from my dealership added to the top of my jeep with the snowboard racks on them. If I was to take off my snowboard rack and put a roof rack on, theres these little slots where the racks were and when I drive it makes a whistle noise and I need to fill those empty slots up...anyone know where I can find them? I tried taping it up but didn't work. I can post pictures if no one understands what I am talking about. Any info. would be great! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Those bars came from the factory with rubber inserts that fit into the slot you are talking about. They go from end to end. Obviously, when the dealer installed your snow board rack, he cut these to fit, because the rack doesn't go all the way across the sport bars. Or, the dealer never installed them. At any rate, they are part of your sport bars and your dealer owes you a set. These rubber inserts are designed keep the noise down when there is nothing mounted on the bars, as you stated. This illustration shows you what I am referring to:

http://moparestore.trademotion.com/moparimages/accessory%20catalog/images/isheets/K6859420.pdf

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great! Thanks for the help, I will be going to the dealership and ask them to fill those slots. Thank you! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts