Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any anybody have the sport rack on their Commander. If so what is the width of the bar and thickness. I need to find out if a Thule bracket will fit around the sport bracket. Currently, I have the stock brackets and they are to wide for the Thule bracket, the thickness is OK. Thanks

Texas
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
94 Posts
Texas Commander said:
Does any anybody have the sport rack on their Commander. If so what is the width of the bar and thickness. I need to find out if a Thule bracket will fit around the sport bracket. Currently, I have the stock brackets and they are to wide for the Thule bracket, the thickness is OK. Thanks
The only 'sport rack' that I know of for the Jeep Commander are the OEM Sport Utility Bars, which are wider and thicker than the bars you already have (go HERE for a picture).

The Sport Utility Bars have a t-slot configuration so you can fit only the OEM Mopar carrier parts. Neat, huh?

Just wait 'til you price out the sport bar with four Mopar/Hella lights!

Your pal,
Meat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
meat said:
Just wait 'til you price out the sport bar with four Mopar/Hella lights!
No kidding. My wife about busted a gut when I showed her the price. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
What did you have the rack on before? I was able to use the mounts that I had on my 93 GC to put the bar on my JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the stock rack that came with my Commander. I am now trying to mount my Thule rack. The brackets that came with the Thule are not wide enough to bolt on to my existing bars. The bars are to wide for the Thule bracket.

Texas
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
94 Posts
Texas Commander said:
I have the stock rack that came with my Commander. I am now trying to mount my Thule rack. The brackets that came with the Thule are not wide enough to bolt on to my existing bars. The bars are to wide for the Thule bracket.
There are some feet that are supposed to mount to the Commander rails that can use either the Thule or the Yakima crossbars. I'll find out in the next day or two and post either way.

Your pal,
Meat.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top