Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am looking to increase ride height on my 3.7L non tow package equipped Commander. I am seriously considering the bilstein 5100s @ the 2" setting, and looking at bringing the rear up as well.

I know that the Hemi coils are stiffer/taller in the front. I am fairly certain I remember the tow package equipped hemi coils to also be stiffer and taller in the rear. Is this true?

If so, and some lift could be achieved from this setup, I may be in the market to purchase some used. While on the subject, does anyone have a set that they would like to sell?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I don't know, but I highly doubt Hemi springs will raise your V6 Commander 2", maybe NOT even 0.5".

EMU makes lift springs for the WK, that many are selling for the XK, and I've seen posts stating they are using them. They are NOT that expensive from the listings I've seen.

EMU makes a kit with the springs and shocks, and I've seen one post of someone that loved it. But it is more expensive than the block kits like RC, etc.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, simply bringing the rear up to level with the front would be fine. I have done plenty of research on the RC lift, and the OME lifts, and OME would be ideal, but with shocks and springs and tires is out of my price range.

I want to run bilstein shocks and the 5100's would allow me to lift the front and get me a nice ride. I will likely go with a rear spacer like this one:

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspension/jeep-coil-springs-spacers-accessories/jeep-wk-grand-cherokee-05-xk-commander-05-coil-springs-coil-spring-spacers/rustys-spacers-2-poly-rear-wk-xk.html

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that there are issues with RC lift involving clunks/noises and problems with the steering rack. Which made me reconsider that option.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think that was an old problem the RC lift was redisigned a wile back and I have not heard any complains since, I have it on my jeep and there is no clunking the once that were, were caused by swaybar bushings and swaybar end links but that was an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that was an old problem the RC lift was redisigned a wile back and I have not heard any complains since, I have it on my jeep and there is no clunking the once that were, were caused by swaybar bushings and swaybar end links but that was an easy fix.
Yeah I plan to replace those while I'm under it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up some hemi XK towing springs cheap to add to my spring isolators stack. Will see if any gain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts