Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have developed a squeak in the drivers door. I have oiled everything I can see and even shot teflon lub into the hard to get places. I have managed to quiet it some but it is still there. Seems to have something to do with the movement of the spring in the hinge. Anyone solved this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
:confused: ... Wow! u mean other jeep commanders are having the same problems... :mad: ... My 2006 Commander is just 6 months old and it's already been in the shop with a long list of complaints... :eek: ... It was the passenger side that squeeked for me and WD40 is a quick fix but it'll only last for about a week then here comes the nasty noise again...
If anyone is having problems with the front air please let me know, the drivers side is fine but the passenger side doesn't get cool @ all and living in Calif. in the 113 degree weather that is not acceptable!!
Answer this one ... has anyone tried to pull a boat or trailer... i dare u... it'll make u not want to pull another thing again... :mad: ... And yes the service dept. tells me that's just the way it is... It's not fair to pay top dollar for this vehicle and to get told tht's just the way it's gonna be... BULLCHIT!!:mad:

·
Registered
480 Posts
the groan is covered under a tsb, check tsb thread for website. my ac also would blow hot air, another tsb. just take it to the dealer and they will flash the system and all will be well.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does putting grease on the door hinge make the noise louder? I coated the bar with grease that contacts the roller as this appears to be where the noise. It seems to quiet it for a couple days then starts to moan again. Moan isd the best I can describe the noise I hear when closing the door. I can understand a noise like this coming from my wifes 1999 Mountaineer, but not from a JC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts