Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I reset the computer and played with some fuses about a year ago trying to get rid of error lights. When I was done they were still there and then I got a new one. The Airbag light came on and has been on for this whole time. It wasn't my Jeep then. And unfortunately I did more harm than good. I knew there was nothing wrong with the airbags as I didn't touch anything airbag related.

Come to find out now the Jeep is mine and doing a bunch of research, is that you have to program the passenger seat after a computer reset by killing the power. I just fixed some wheel speed sensors and reset the computer to get rid of the code. All my warning lights from the sensors were gone, the error code was gone but that ABS light was on. So I remembered reading that someone has to be in the passenger seat on start up so the computer can program the switch in the seat or something like that. So I sat in that seat and reached over and started the car and that stupid light went out. I have had people in the car before on start up and it never went out. So I don't know. Maybe there can only be someone it passenger seat on start up. But the light went off and stayed off. And it was immediately after the computer clear.

No more warnings lights!!
Now I just have to replace a cracked 1/4 window and touch up some paint on the plastic flares and front bumper that lost the clear and she will be 100%.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I reset the computer and played with some fuses about a year ago trying to get rid of error lights. When I was done they were still there and then I got a new one. The Airbag light came on and has been on for this whole time. It wasn't my Jeep then. And unfortunately I did more harm than good. I knew there was nothing wrong with the airbags as I didn't touch anything airbag related.

Come to find out now the Jeep is mine and doing a bunch of research, is that you have to program the passenger seat after a computer reset by killing the power. I just fixed some wheel speed sensors and reset the computer to get rid of the code. All my warning lights from the sensors were gone, the error code was gone but that ABS light was on. So I remembered reading that someone has to be in the passenger seat on start up so the computer can program the switch in the seat or something like that. So I sat in that seat and reached over and started the car and that stupid light went out. I have had people in the car before on start up and it never went out. So I don't know. Maybe there can only be someone it passenger seat on start up. But the light went off and stayed off. And it was immediately after the computer clear.

No more warnings lights!!
Now I just have to replace a cracked 1/4 window and touch up some paint on the plastic flares and front bumper that lost the clear and she will be 100%.
If memory serves me correctly, this has to do with something called the "clock spring" located somewhere in the passenger's seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts