Yeah, that badge might put you over budget!!! :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
What an expensive badge !! :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
OK ,, here is your deal ,,, drive all the way to Saudi Arabia by your Commander, and I get you the SRT engine ;)

·
2,248 Posts
Now I can see Jon (49er) trying to drive to Saudi Arabia to get the engine after the way he tried to get the lowest ET at the track. He might put big flotation tires on his Commander to make it across the big pond.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm considering it, I have the 3.7, any comments on swaping out a HEMI for my 3.7?

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
allstatebear said:
I'm considering it, I have the 3.7, any comments on swaping out a HEMI for my 3.7?
It is a lot more complicated than just switching out the engine because of all the electronics and software. There is at least one other thread here from quite awhile back on the subject.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you are correct............this is a very very extensive swap. Our company, Frank Racing Inc offers up-grades for the 5.7 which make a dyno-proven 400+ rwhp using the stock 5.7 in the Magnums, Chargers, 300's etc.

What we are waiting for now is Diablo to finish their controler which will allow us to tune them out when we change cams............

While the 6.1 would add punch compared to the 5.7, a slightly modded 5.7 will out run a stock 6.1 any day of the week at a much much cheaper price tag.

We offer heads, cams, exhaust, etc etc etc.......................we just need to tuning. If you guys would call DIablo and ask for them to hurry, we can get started.

Lee

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wouldn't risk putting in an SRT engine in an XK. The higher center of gravity would put it at a higher risk of being unstable. If you want to make it worthwhile, get a Jeep GC along w/ your XK. The suspension is set lower in height, and sports tuned. I wouldn't be fooled enough to try to make our XK a 'sports ride'. Good luck if you dare go forward with this project.

·
Registered
167 Posts
the 6.1 is lighter than any engine you can put in there............in fact, the 5.7 and 6.1 are lighter than the 360, 340, and 318 (LA motors) and is short and squatty.

I think you'd be pressed to find a lighter V8 on the market

1 - 20 of 28 Posts