Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought that the Cherokee SRT 8 had a rounder back end? since the commander is flat, i don't think that would work, but, remember that picture of the 3.0L Diesel With the ground effects and built in exhaust into the bumper cover? That is real similar, and someone actually makes that kit, probably easier to go with that. Whats the name of that company again? Street tech or something?

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
go to an exhaust shop and have one built. its much cheaper and much higher quality then the factory can produce.

i had my 300zx done. i had 2.5" aluminized tubing mandrel bends and everything hung for $85. i also provided a muffler that cost me $50 off epay.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was going to do this mod a while back and opted against it. Yes, it would be awesome, i just dont think it would look or flow as smooth as it looks on the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea the only way i would think it would look smooth is to have a body kit around it, but i was wondering if this was even possible first, Just an idea, I would have to do a lot more research before going through with it considering the exhaust is about 1,200 bucks!!! ouch!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Johnny, i was quoted from Fully Loaded Automotive in York, PA for 3'' stainless SRT8 setup exhaust for my XK, ( ready for this) 1,800 Bucks! I had to change my pants after hearing that

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man that photoshop looked pretty nice, it would be a nice touch considering my spare tire has been stolen already and im not putting a spare 24 inch rim under there. But spendin that much on an exhaust is too much for me.. I need to slow down with the idea's hahahaha!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts