Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues like this?
-----------------------------

the TSB (technical service bulliton) is a document put out by a dealer, that only used to be available to the dealers technitions, but thanks to the web is available to all. This document is what a car mfgr puts out instead of a recall.

The TSB you want can be found here (as well as others at the main link):

http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_2301506.pdf

When I first told my dealer about this TSB, he told ME to clean it. That's when I pointed out that it was a MFG defect, and that under the heading DIAGNOSIS, it states that if a customer experiences this, "perform the following procedure", which is direction to the dealer to do this, not the customer. Needless to say, they cleaned ALL the seats, not just the ones with the stains.

I have not used any aftermarket deterrent, such as scotch guard, but I probably should.

Good Luck.

Besides Scotch Guard, I was notified by the dealership that they do offer treatment of the interior. It's called Simoniz, and it works like Scotch Guard, but its' professional grade and is guaranteed for a lifetime. Obviously it's for an extra cost, but that also could be an option for you. Simonizing is also available for the exterior of the car as well.

#
7 of 7 Re: Jeep Commander Water Stains [2ndjeep] by steve_
HOST Dec 11, 2008 (9:32 am)

Replying to:
2ndjeep (Dec 11, 2008 7:34 am)

its' professional grade

But what does that mean? A "professional" at the dealer applies it? The yard guy in other words? A pro would probably use
Zaino or similar. I think mop & glow stuff is just wax and Scotchgard. It's a huge profit center for the dealers and you better check the guarantee for "gotchas."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool, thanks OP. I noticed water-like stains on my '07 Sport's second-row seats back when I first got it home in July of that year. I never thought to go back to the dealer, expecting the same reaction you received. Still, I was disappointed that a "new" vehicle would come in that condition to the customer.

Oh, well. It's a 27-mo. lease, due back in late October of '09 so I'll just live with it until turn-in time. Besides, the kids have certainly added to the factory defects on the upholstery. I will print out a copy of the TSB for turn-in, as I know what [email protected] Chrysler Financial can be with lease turn-ins.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, so I thought it was just me. Even though I had steam cleaned them and did everything I normally do they weren't coming 'clean'. Not having a dealership nearby (100+ miles by boat) I never thought to address it to anyone.
Whats to come in the long run? Besides using protectant, I've done everything that they would do to my JC seats, I wonder if thats really all it takes.

·
Registered
512 Posts
After we get done repairing a customers car, we do a basic detail. The canvas materials that some manufacturers use are a real pain to clean. We use a ZEP product called "Clean'ems" that works very well. I have actually removed chocolate from a seat. We get them with our shop supplies, but I think they are available at various parts stores.-43:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
water stains on grey cloth seats???

We have grey cloth seats in our Commander. Every drop of water or condensation from cups makes terrible water marks on the seats. I have to use upholstry cleaner to get them out. Does anyone have the same experience and how can I protect or make them waterproof?

·
Registered
177 Posts
We have grey cloth seats in our Commander. Every drop of water or condensation from cups makes terrible water marks on the seats. I have to use upholstry cleaner to get them out. Does anyone have the same experience and how can I protect or make them waterproof?
I was in the same boat you are, they are impossible to clean! i have tried everything even that shoe stuff that makes them water proof.
Best thing to do is to look into either Wet Okole seat covers that handle water very well or go leather.
I opted for SRT-8 seats.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that addresses this issue: http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_2301506.pdf

·
Registered
422 Posts
stop having sex in the car....j/k...i had a few on the minimal cloth in the second row and i used the ICE interior cleaner to clean it...didnt get it completely out but definate improvements were made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ya i have had the same problems too. I spilled a bottle of water on my passenger side seat and it wont come out and there is a huge puddle-like stain on the seat now.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Use windex, spray entire seat area well, then use towel to wipe off. When dry liberal application of scotchguard

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Threads merged

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My second row seating is destroyed from my 2 year old. I guess ill try to see if any of those products actually work.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I have used Natures Miracle it works great on anything with a stain. Just try a small spot first to see if it changes the color. It hasn't changed the color on anything Ive used it on. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
at7:09 this morning
Seriously, it worked for me last night when I tried it. But it does not work now. Hopefully Milous will renew it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts