Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there another scan tool that will do the same as StarScan, but cheaper? I saw the StarScan on Ebay for 3 to 4K.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The dealers tell me they pay $5000 for it.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Is there another scan tool that will do the same as StarScan, but cheaper? I saw the StarScan on Ebay for 3 to 4K.
I don't think so. I believe the computers are set up for the Starscan.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What are you trying to do that you would need your own star scan?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not necessarily trying to do anything. Do you need a StarScan to read check engine codes, or is there another scanner that will do that for less? It's just that when you do your own maintainance, it kind of sucks to have to go to the dealer to read the codes and activate options and such. It would be more enjoyable if you could do it yourself.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I'm not necessarily trying to do anything. Do you need a StarScan to read check engine codes, or is there another scanner that will do that for less? It's just that when you do your own maintainance, it kind of sucks to have to go to the dealer to read the codes and activate options and such. It would be more enjoyable if you could do it yourself.
Reading codes and activating options are horses of a different color. Here is how to read the codes with no extra equipment: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5689&highlight=codes&page=5

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You can also read codes and reset with the SuperChips Flashpaq

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts