Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey all,

I have the following issues with my JC 4x4 w/HEMI.

1: Fails to start on the first hit of the ignition switch. I have mentioned this to the service mgr and he said, of course :rolleyes: "we cannot duplicate that". Well, happened again this morning. Anyone aware of a TSB regarding this issue?

2: I am experiancing a hard shift into 3rd gear and also what seems to be a jolting or tugging while driving. DOes not seem to matter at what speed as I feel it at 55 or 70. - Anyone else have this happening?

I take the JC in on Thursday and want to have my case ready.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
204 Posts
HemiCommander said:
Hey all,

I have the following issues with my JC 4x4 w/HEMI.

1: Fails to start on the first hit of the ignition switch. I have mentioned this to the service mgr and he said, of course :rolleyes: "we cannot duplicate that". Well, happened again this morning. Anyone aware of a TSB regarding this issue?
Does it not start or not crank? There is a problem with early build WKs for a no crank problem, also applies to WKs and Durango's. If that is the issue the fix is replacing the front control module and there is a TSB for it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - the engine turns over but it does not fire up. It only happens occassionaly and of course has not happened (at least not that they will admit) when in for service. I have held the ignition switch in the start position for as much as 20 seconds just letting the engine turn over... nothing.. then when I hit it again it will start. :confused:

I mentioned the TSB and was told that was only if the engine did not turn at all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts