Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Startech gives the Jeep Commander a more commanding presence with a lowered suspension, stainless exhaust and high-performance brakes.
(Photo courtesy of Startech)

Performance enhancements boost horsepower to 262 for European Jeep Commanders with the 3.0-liter V6 common-rail diesel.
(Photo courtesy of Startech)​

Tuner News: Startech Tackles the Jeep Commander

Date posted: 07-13-2006
BOTTROP, Germany — Startech, a German tuner specializing in Chrysler products, will begin offering a range of new performance pieces for the bulky Jeep Commander sport-ute.

For European customers who own the Commander 3.0 CRD, Startech's SD6 kit can boost the output of the 3.0-liter V6 common-rail turbodiesel from 218 to 262 horsepower, with torque climbing from 376 to 428 pound-feet. The 0-60-mph sprint drops from 9.0 to 8.5 seconds or less, and top speed is nudged from 119 to 124 mph.

The aero body kit for the Commander bundles a new front apron and grille, rocker panels with integrated LEDs, chrome mirror moldings and rear apron.

Startech also features a suspension-lowering kit, high-performance brakes and a stainless-steel sport exhaust system, as well as its Monostar IV five-spoke alloy wheels in 20-inch sizes.

Leather upholstery, stainless steel door sills and burl walnut trim are among the interior options available.

For more information, see the Startech Web site.

What this means to you: Tune it, baby.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Personally, I am not so fond of the front or rear bumper treatments. The shape is alright but they gray parts should have been kept body-colored. Also, they need some bigger tires on those 20" wheels.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like the way it turned out. Nothing that I dislike about it.

It really gives the sporty look. Another option as to what you want to do with your CMD. Not blingy nor ricer. It has its own character. :D

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Startech makes their own wheels. Probably the best bet is to get it from them. Most other aftermarket manufacturers try to get too flashy in my opinion and the wheels just don't look good. Startech did a good job of making them look like a factory wheel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I sent them an email for pricing and availability. But if anyone knows of any others that are simliar in style, post it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
Where did you get them and at what cost?

·
Registered
717 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Where did you get them and at what cost?
He wrote in another thread....$400....and they're made of ABS plastic :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
Thats a lot of green for plastic, I thinkI will be staying stock until someone else gets in the market.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got back from the huge car show in Frankfurt - Germany (IAA). The Startech booth was amazing. The Commander was very nice :)

·
Administrator
16,135 Posts
Got any pictures?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
this is old news I believe the previous moderator posted this on the front page a year ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts