• AEV Jeep Commander

Votes: 132 67.3%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
commanderdrone said:
The AEV model is what sold me to buy a commander vs. an '07 rubicon. (That and QD2, which I like better'n lockers.)

Just wish they would hurry up and release everything they made =(

I could care less about street-only rides. To be honest, I think the Range Rover is probably a better "hip street ride", but that's just my opinion. I buy jeeps for their 4x4 capabilities. I feel kinda sold out by a 2x wrangler. Felt kinda wierd having to beat through the "soccer moms" (no offense anyone =) to sit in the '07 wrangler and see how it felt.

!c
just saw the 07 rubicon first time here. got to admit it looks pretty nice. I dont know yet what it has. might stop and check it out soon.(as a second vehicle, not to replace the XK:) )

·
Registered
126 Posts
bravo2376 said:
just saw the 07 rubicon first time here. got to admit it looks pretty nice. I dont know yet what it has. might stop and check it out soon.(as a second vehicle, not to replace the XK:) )
I actually think it's a good improvement over the '05 I had. The electronic sway-bar disconnects and full-plastic fenders really sold me, along w/ the 3-piece hard top. In fact, there are only three reasons I got the commander instead:

1: 2 month wait for the rubicon I wanted (not one available within 500 miles of me - had to order one and pay full price)
2: QD2 vs. Lockers: I think the QD2 is much more useful to me in the environments I spend most offroad time (sand and mud -- the lockers on the rubi could only be engaged in 4LO without mods, meaning useless in sand. Great for rock crawling, but there isn't a mountain within 500 miles of me.)
3: Passengers. I'm usually the designated driver for pretty much any outing, and people complained about any seat other than the passenger in the rubi, a little luxury is alright, right? =)

!c

·
Registered
1 Posts
Win-Registrierung

Hello
Der Fehler muss also irgenwo in der Win-Registrierung liegen.
Hat jemand ne Idee wo ich suchen muss ?
G'night

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Re: Win-Registrierung

asinakaraz said:
Hello
Der Fehler muss also irgenwo in der Win-Registrierung liegen.
Hat jemand ne Idee wo ich suchen muss ?
G'night
The error must lie thus irgenwo in the vienna registration.
Does someone have an idea where I to search must?
G'night.
WTF are you talking about?:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone, first post for me. I have followed in the shadows for a month or so, but signed the papers on an '06 limited built up by AEV today. The dealer just couldn't get a buyer over the course of the year for it, so it's my lucky day. The sad news is losing my '05 LWB Rubicon which I special ordered and built to my needs. I was finding it very restricive in regards to my 8 month old son and getting to and from anywhere. The things we do for our kids. I have to give my vote to the AEV guys because I use my Jeeps offroad to there limits and beyond, but if I were an urban jungle warrior I whould likely lean to Startech.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Gotta go with the AEV, Gonna go out and play... After all it's a Jeep

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Its Startech for me....and mines not lowered for information!!! :cool:

Si

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
AEV...

but it sure would be cooler if the AEV modifications were more readily available!

That's the only thing that would make Startech "cooler", is that you can actually BUY the stuff!

·
Registered
54 Posts
AEV is my only choice. I agree with a previous post that a jeep should never be lowered. In fact, its a jeep, it is intended for offroad so go big! If I had the money, I would have the 4" Superlift, and the RR budget lift for 6" total lift with 35" tires and the Getlost4x4 front bumper with winch and ... and .... and...make it a true trail rig. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
AEV hands down................................................................

·
Registered
391 Posts
AEV vs startech

AEV rocks! Check the AEV web promo. I cannot wait to have my jeep commander look like that!

·
Registered
227 Posts
gotta go AEV. i mean what is a jeep for? you could make a tank handle like a sports car but what is the point? use it for what is was built for. i always said all my freinds that went out and spent 40-50k on four wheel drive expeditions and escalades knowing they were never going to take them offroad were a little silly. that's what sold me on the commander is that it is a really noce onroad vehicle that you know is going to get the job done if you need to do a little offroad driving looking for that perfect fishing spot or just to do a little sightseeing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Given these two choices I'd have to go with the Startech, but has anyone seen thd Dub Commander from SEMA? That is one bad ride!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
What does AEV stand for?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts