Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are so easy to fabricate compared to the bumper. i have about 3 hours in these.

i have the plates cut to attach them to the frame. next thing i'm going to make are the links from the frame to the sliders. these will be bolt on or weld on.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anything can be done with enough time.

i'm a one man show. but i would guess if there was enough interest i would build some. i just don't want copy 4xgaurds design. i have a little better design that would protect better.

the problem i'm having is finding a metal shop that can bend my pieces. no one has a small enough brake to bend my bumper just right. i have to do a bunch of calling today. i can find plenty of places to laser cut. i just have not talked to enough people on the phone. today is the day though.

YB Normyl said:
Wow, they look really good for 3 hrs work. You The Man! How hard would it be to make replacement rocker covers shaped like the factory ones but made to be used as sliders?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
You are in the verge of being overwhelmed with orders. Any venture capitalist' out there that want to finance 4.7?? He needs equipment....

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have equipment.

the thing that is going to save my arse is farming out the pre-fabrication. it will save me loads of time. that way i can invest in equipment over time. i have the majority of what i need. i just need a few large pieces.

i have quite a few tools as it is.

theres just he big ones:

iron worker $25-50K
plasma cutter- $1500
brake- $500-$15K

i already own

miller dvi2 welder
pro tools hydraulic bender
pro-tools pro-nothcer
chop saw
sawsall
grinder
and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Like I said, I'm interesting in everything the 4.7 company is looking to offer at this time. It looks great and I can't wait to see the action shots on those!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey 4.7 - it is all looking great, the bumper really looks good in the pic on your signature line.
Maybe it would be a good idea to make something like this that you sell with your sliders, so a hi-lift dosen't slip off so easy. I bought one from this guy, he makes them for 1.5 or 1.75 tubing. I see no reason you couldn't make something similar - more stuff you offer, the better your business will be. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/tube-adapter-for-hi-lift-jack-yj-cj-jeep-77-bronco-k5_W0QQitemZ180230496862QQihZ008QQcategoryZ43998QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
-Hemi

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have the RR so I will not need these, but I do like them. I certainly can use the HyLift adapter when they become available and of course a front and rear bumper.

Now do we have a name for your fabrication business? Maybe a Small $ credit for whoever can come up with the name you like best.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
more, this is how it mounts to the frame. these will be bolt on or weld on. you choose. i prefer welding, in case you have not noticed.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts