Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Commander owners,
Today, my Commander disappointed me by not turning over the engine to start. This morning, I turned the key and heard a single click. Tried once more and the engine turned over and started. I went to my destination stopped and returned to Commander with no issues to start. However, upon returning home, I had to leave once more and the Commander failed to start / a single click sound and nothing more. I proceeded with the standard process, Jump start, NOTHING// Take recently replaced battery back to shop for testing of reliability, Battery OK // Replaced starter relay,198,000 miles you never know, NO Change // Checked connection at starter to the best of my ability (5.7 Hemi has little room for my arm) connection seems good. So, now I have two options that I see, 1. remove starter to test (which will be a bear) or 2. Ignition switch might be the culprit. Has anyone shared the same problem?? Best regards, Walter:frown2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had same problem last week. Cleaned green wire connector and spade on starter for the second time in seven years.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had cleaned the spade with no change but thank you for the information. I gave into the "I do not want to go into the starter area mode" and called a wrecker to haul her down to a shop I have begun great repair relationship with. They found the starter was bad and replaced it for $350.00 labor and parts. Now the engine turns over faster and starts quicker than before. Best regards, Walter

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I had cleaned the spade with no change but thank you for the information. I gave into the "I do not want to go into the starter area mode" and called a wrecker to haul her down to a shop I have begun great repair relationship with. They found the starter was bad and replaced it for $350.00 labor and parts. Now the engine turns over faster and starts quicker than before. Best regards, Walter
That good news Walter, glad it was something simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts