Jeep Commander Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok, so I was finally able to get a video of this. I didn't know how to upload here so click the link to the video. Remember, when the key is turned to the right, the starter sounds like it's in a loop mode. The vehicle during this loop noise mode DOES NOT turn on. It's after a few tries, it will turn on normally. Let me know your thoughts.
I am having the same issue with my 2008 3.7. I have changed everything, starter, computer, gas pressure sensor, and it started after i had the service action done on the ignition module. At this point, I am at a loss as well. But, i believe it's the ignition module that they installed at the dealer has heat fault issues.Problem is it has to be installed and reprogrammed. Please , if you find out. Let me know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am having the same issue with my 2008 3.7. I have changed everything, starter, computer, gas pressure sensor, and it started after i had the service action done on the ignition module. At this point, I am at a loss as well. But, i believe it's the ignition module that they installed at the dealer has heat fault issues.Problem is it has to be installed and reprogrammed. Please , if you find out. Let me know.
It's great to hear that someone is experiencing the same questions lol! When do you plan on changing the ignition out? I haven't been able to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's great to hear that someone is experiencing the same questions lol! When do you plan on changing the ignition out? I haven't been able to.
I have to find out how much they are and if a dealer needs to do it. Funny part is, they dealer couldnt find the issue they created.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have to find out how much they are and if a dealer needs to do it. Funny part is, they dealer couldnt find the issue they created.
Sorry to hear about that. I get that though, it's always funny when someone can't figure out the problem when it may be the one they created.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I installed a new ignition control module years ago because of flickering dash lights, and the gauges were going bananas.
Picked it up locally for around 50$, aftermarket, and there is no programming...it's plug and play.
at least on my 2006. And it solved all of my electronic issues.
By the way, i never did have the ignition switch recall performed because of the negative feedback here and elsewhere.

Reactions: jeep5253

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I installed a new ignition control module years ago because of flickering dash lights, and the gauges were going bananas.
Picked it up locally for around 50$, aftermarket, and there is no programming...it's plug and play.
at least on my 2006. And it solved all of my electronic issues.
By the way, i never did have the ignition switch recall performed because of the negative feedback here and elsewhere.
Great to hear that! I haven't gotten around to doing so but let me add this. My oil was low and so I decided on royal purple synthetic. This along with a WIX filter. Since doing this, the problem has completely gone away. Not sure if this is pure coincidence or a normal sign of oil being low or bad. I know, weird huh? Your thoughts?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I doubt your issues have anything to do with an oil change.
I'd probably begin with the starter and cleanup the wiring if needed, and then maybe have a shop run a test on the electrical system.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I doubt your issues have anything to do with an oil change.
I'd probably begin with the starter and cleanup the wiring if needed, and then maybe have a shop run a test on the electrical system.
I will if it starts doing it again but ever since, no sign of it at all.

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is exactly what's going on. Were you able to find the solution to it? Feels good now that there is someone else experiencing this.
If you scroll all the way down to my year indicated 2009-2010, mine is a 2010, you'll see a the fuse box diagram and numbers and their identities. A friend of mine had been searching along with me and came across a post somewhere that sounded similar to my issues and for me and my vehicle fuses, I replaced #40 - 25amp natural, next generation controller (NGC), injectors. After replacing the fuse I have not had the issue, I'm sure this may be a long shot needle in a hay stack but IDK...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If you scroll all the way down to my year indicated 2009-2010, mine is a 2010, you'll see a the fuse box diagram and numbers and their identities. A friend of mine had been searching along with me and came across a post somewhere that sounded similar to my issues and for me and my vehicle fuses, I replaced #40 - 25amp natural, next generation controller (NGC), injectors. After replacing the fuse I have not had the issue, I'm sure this may be a long shot needle in a hay stack but IDK...

Ok, I see what you are talking about. On mine, (2008) would be number 28 in the power distribution box. I'll go ahead and try this and report if this is a solution. For a while after an oil change, it hadn't done so. Now that it's starting to get warmer the problem is back. Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I see what you are talking about. On mine, (2008) would be number 28 in the power distribution box. I'll go ahead and try this and report if this is a solution. For a while after an oil change, it hadn't done so. Now that it's starting to get warmer the problem is back. Thank you for the suggestion.
#28 is for a 2007.
#40 is for a 2008. I believe, but look again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
#28 is for a 2007.
#40 is for a 2008. I believe, but look again.
I went ahead and changed the fuse even though the one that was in there was good. After a while of driving, I parked the vehicle for 5 minutes and then restarted. Problem persisted. I'll continue finding solutions. Thank you for the suggestion though. I got excited because the video shows exactly what's happening to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey12, did you get this problem solved? I'm having the same issue on my 2007 3.7 2wd.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hey12, did you get this problem solved? I'm having the same issue on my 2007 3.7 2wd.
Good morning and Merry Late Christmas!

Unfortunately no, I never got the problem fixed. For whatever reason, for me, it only does this during the hot summer months. During the cooler weather, I seem to never have the problem. I will say this though. I have a Blue driver obd scanner connected to my phone. I was able to have the issue happen while plugged in and saw that the Long term fuel trim bank 2 had significant drops during the issue. I'm not sure what this means so maybe you or someone can chime in on this. WHen the vehicle started, the long-term fuel trim bank 2 was normal. I'm headed off to the junkyard now for some parts. If you can post a video of your issue happening, please do. There was a good one previously but that one has been taken off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Merry late Christmas to You too :). Thanks for the quick reply. That's interesting about the o2 trim, I remember a guy having idling issues and replacing the o2 sensor fixed it ( Crankshaft n Cam Sensor Concerns). Hhhmm, this is a tough one. I'll try and video it sometime this week.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts