Jeep Commander Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I saw this video on youtube that has the tip start going as my issue. In the video though, his jeep eventually starts. Had it not, well that's how mine sounds. I wonder if the fuel pump is the problem. I did mention prior that the fuel trim bank was dropping when connected to the blue driver and I was able to see the stats.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey all!

So finally, after a year of searching and trying to diagnose, I found out the problem that I am having, and hopefully, it's the solution to those of you in the same scenario. The fuel fuse in the TIPM box has its own relay soldered into the board on the bottom. Why Jeep did this is a question I too asked. You can either buy a new TIPM box or a TIPM bypass kit. Do this and your starting problems will be gone. I saw that there had been some recalls on this but unfortunately, my 08 was not part of it.

I was able to find one at the junkyard for $20.00 dollars but had a couple of questions. Just making sure, but the TIPM box is the one closer to the battery correct? Two, can this be plugged n play since it was the exact year and engine size or is there a procedure when installing?

41 - 43 of 43 Posts